Really Painful Sex

Archives1

Staff member
Hi I'm Jennifer and I'm new here. I'm not new to incontenence, though. :| I'm 50 and I've had MS for 23 years, since 28 years old. And I've been completely incontinent since 35. I used to manage with pads, then diapers. I just got an indwelling catheter March 18. Homecare comes to change it every 4 weeks. It has been a gamechanger, especially at night. But sex HURTS!!!! A lot! Anybody else???

Hi Jennifer, I'm afraid I am not much help either. But this forum is really helpful to me at times. So hang in there, I'm certain someone will be able to give you some advice soon. In the meantime I hope you can manage whats going on with you. Maybe give your docs office a call and talk to a nurse. I know it seems like nurses have a better grasp of what people needs are anyway. Good luck to you and keep reaching out here. Someone will be along to help ya.

Try using Slippery Stuff Personal Lubricant Gel. You can get it through Walmart online and it’s inexpensive. Really works wonders. My Physical Therapist for my bladder recommended the product and it only contains natural ingredients.

From the male perspective, I can tell you it can be very painful at times. The only way to do it is to put a condom on to hold things in place. I eventually had to stop using the indwelling/ Foley after a more than a few tear’s in my urethra.I even tried the Suprapubic catheter and it was even worse. Due to being very active in sports like mountain biking and martial arts I had to give up on the catheters and go back to using diapers as I ended up having to have the catheter removed in the ER a few times causing even more scarring internally.
I hope you find a solution that works for you! Having a GREAT Wife really made things much easier!