Questions for my fellow bed wetters

Thank you for bringing this up, it is nice to see others responses and gauge our own experiences with everyone else’s. Personally I am wet 99.9% of the time usually very wet, have no idea what the output is but it’s a lot. I do wake up during the night from time to time I’ve never slept very well but I’m always wet when I wake up, i use a good nighttime diaper so I dont change unless it feels like it’s close to capacity. If I do leak at night it’s generally not very much but I will usually change and put a towel down until morning then I’ll change sheets once my wife and I are out of bed. I also don’t change my habits anymore as far as drinking because it doesn’t really matter anymore as it’s been almost 17 years since I became urinary incontinent and I’ve found my way to manage it. I’m not happy about wearing a diaper but I am thankful for them!! Hope you all are having a great day!!

63gege63.... You said: "My family doctor also predicted that I'll return to sleepwetting."

I'm curious, how old were you when your doctor told you that? How late into your teens did you wet the bed on a regular basis? Was either parent a bedwetter?

I've read that bedwetters who are still wetting into their teens, and have a family history of bedwetting
are more likely to have bedwetting issues through out their life. I think that's why the doctors tell us
that as teens, even though no teen wants to hear that they're going to have bedwetting dogging them for life!!

All I CAN say is that I was horrified to have to wear diapers as a kid. Now as an older adult, being diapered at night ( And often in the daytime..) is just a practical solution.

My Mother was a late bedwetter and wasn't dry at night until her late teens. I wasn't reliably dry at night until my early 20's. My Mother always told me once a bedwetter always a bedwetter.

MikeD9876 said:
63gege63.... You said: "My family doctor also predicted that I'll return to sleepwetting."

I'm curious, how old were you when your doctor told you that? How late into your teens did you wet the bed on a regular basis? Was either parent a bedwetter?

I've read that bedwetters who are still wetting into their teens, and have a family history of bedwetting
are more likely to have bedwetting issues through out their life. I think that's why the doctors tell us
that as teens, even though no teen wants to hear that they're going to have bedwetting dogging them for life!!

All I CAN say is that I was horrified to have to wear diapers as a kid. Now as an older adult, being diapered at night ( And often in the daytime..) is just a practical solution.

Hi Mike
My family doctor told that in my late 50's when I had to get up twice a night and the count of wet nights increased to 1 per month, after he realized my past records about enuresis : 8 years ago I had to make a decision about prostate surgery.

I was an every night bedwetter till 13 ant it was over 3 months after I turned 15.
None of my parents had bedwetting issues, but on my mother side one aunt and one cousin. I have three sons, the second one was enuretic till 14.

As a kid and teen untill 13, I was forced into plastic pants and diappers. Up to 8, It didn't bother me that much, at this age we moved to another home, and the pain and shame to wear diappers to bed increased more and more. As I started to have dry nights, no more diappers: the solution was a large bath towel over the vinyl sheet (I was then responsible to bring my beddings and PJ's to the washer and start it) I could sleep very well in a soaked bed, except on cold weather if my blanket slept appart.

At 14 I was still peeing the bed more than 15 nights per month, then I had the bedwetting alarm during 3 months (terribly harsh the first 2 weeks !) but it helped : not totally over, but the last year I only wetted once or twice a week, I got my first totally dry week, and before 15, my first totally dry month.

The confort of modern breathable plastic pants and shapped diappers have nothing to do with what I had to wear in the late 60's (a stove in hot weather and the terrible amonia smell in the morning).
I also consider NOW as a practical solution to wear diappers to bed (and only seldom at day time: ie full days out of home with no guarranty of a fast access to rest rooms). But just after my prostate surgery 7 years ago, I found it terribly humiliating to have to wear them both nights and days especially in the workplace before my retirement.

Whatsoever I consider myself as lucky: I still have a majority of dry nights, I am almost dry at day time and I have no fecal incontinence at all.

1. I pretty much wet every night.
2. I sometimes wake up wet during the night but most Times just wake up with a wet diaper in the morning.
3. I know I wet when I wake up that way. Some nights I will wet more than once.
4. Similar in size? Not sure
5. I never get up to change at night unless I’m already drenched and the bed is getting wet. I use thick pin on diapers with plastic pants so I don’t often have a problem. If I’m not overly soaked in the morning I will often wait until I take a shower to take my diaper off. Otherwise I would take off my diaper, put on another one which would get wet then shower. No reason to waste an already wet diaper. I am fortunate I never have any rash problems.
6. The fluid intake thing has not worked for me.

I have no problems with diapers as I got over any stigma long ago. Wetting as an adolescent and teenager was highly stressful and prevented me doing many things my friends could do, scouts, sleep overs, having friends in my room in fear of them sitting down on my bed to the loud crinkly plastic sound. Having 3 brothers that had no wetting problems added to my stress being a 13+ yr old boy with big bulgy diapers every night that couldn’t be hidden at all. Long story and pretty much my fault for trying to fool my mom into thinking I had stopped wetting the bed, she insisted on putting my diapers on me even though I could do it myself. She often did this with my bedroom door open and too many times one or more brothers would see this whole process happening. Anyway that was long ago and I’m just glad I don’t let it bother me anymore.

I have wet the bed every night for my entire life. I’ve never been out of diapers. If I fall asleep on a train or plane, I’ll wet. I’m in diapers 24/7 now.

Most nights I sleep through and wake up wet.

When I’m stressed my kidneys slow down. They go into overdrive when I sleep. Every day was stressful this week. Last night, I woke up at least three times, and I was wetting each time. I also woke up with uncontrollable erections. Most likely I’ll sleep as usual tonight and sleep through, waking up wet. I’ve always been a very heavy bedwetter.

#1 On average how many night a month do you wet the bed?

Pretty much every night since early this year

#2 Do you know you have wet the bed or do you just wake up wet in the morning?

Wake up wet in the morning - sometimes I wake up earlier and know I had an accident.

#3 If you know you wet the bed (either during or after)how many voids per night do you have?

Multiple voids, we think. Im not sure.

#4 If you know you wet the bed are you voids similar in size (volume or time)?

Not sure, I do tend to wet alot.

#5 If you know you wet the bed do you get up and change right after or do you change in the morning

If I wake up in the middle of the night, I normally go right back to sleep.

#6 If you are really trying to have a dry night have you discovered the time you must stop drinking fluids?

I haven't really started fluid management- tried starting keygulls...I'm trying.

Jason said:
I have wet the bed every night for my entire life. I’ve never been out of diapers. If I fall asleep on a train or plane, I’ll wet. I’m in diapers 24/7 now.

Most nights I sleep through and wake up wet.

When I’m stressed my kidneys slow down. They go into overdrive when I sleep. Every day was stressful this week. Last night, I woke up at least three times, and I was wetting each time. I also woke up with uncontrollable erections. Most likely I’ll sleep as usual tonight and sleep through, waking up wet. I’ve always been a very heavy bedwetter.
I was a chronic nightly wetter until my late teens and continued to wet more often than not until my early 20's. I had bouts of bedwetting throughout my adult life and have been back to nightly wetting since my late 40's.

1 - basically every single night. Might have a dry night here and there but on average 5-7 nights per week.

2 - Only if I wake for some other reason and by habit I'll feel my diaper. if it's not wet, it likely will be by morning.

3 - I can void once a night or multiple times.

4 - not really sure. usually the diaper is quite swollen and heavily saturated in the morning. Occaisionally it's only moderately saturated.

5 - Usually just change in the morning, unless it's already very wet. Don't want to risk a leak in case of a second void.

6 - I don't bother with this at all anymore. I truly do not care. I've tried nearly everything early on to deal with this and now I just manage it. I'm not sitting around thirsty all night because of this. I eat and drink what I want and trust my protection.

Tim said:
#1 On average how many night a month do you wet the bed?
#2 Do you know you have wet the bed or do you just wake up wet in the morning?
If not always how many nights a month?
#3 If you know you wet the bed (either during or after)how many voids per night do you have?
#4 If you know you wet the bed are you voids similar in size (volume or time)?
I understand if you dont want to answer #5 but in light of how good modern diapers are at keeping the wearer dry I think anyone who wears diapers gets the idea of the question and will not be grossed out.
#5 If you know you wet the bed do you get up and change right after or do you change in the morning
when you start your day?
#6 If you are really trying to have a dry night have you discovered the time you must stop drinking
fluids?