Pull-ups versus Pads

Archives1

Staff member
I’m currently using several pads a day and I’m wondering if I started wearing pull-ups would I need to change less often? And, would I be drier? In other words, if I was wearing 4 pads a day, would that equate to just one pull-up? 8 pads, 2 pull-ups, etc.
Thanks

Prefer pull-ups just in case. I could get by with several pads a day but sometimes I have more than a pad can handle.

dalexwitte said:
Prefer pull-ups just in case. I could get by with several pads a day but sometimes I have more than a pad can handle.

Thanks for the response.

Are you dry with pull-ups?

@Gitzet The male guard at NorthShore offers 12oz capacity and they come with leak guards. I doubt most generic pads have the leak guards. The NorthShore pull-up offers 38 oz and also has the leak guards. For urge incontinence like what I am experiencing from the radiation therapy is well handled by the pull-up. I just got home from a 2.5 hour band rehearsal and had a substantial void as I sat in my car and no leak. With respect to dryness, you will not feel wet at all or smell any oder.

This has been my dilemma that last few years. I get tired of pullups and diapers and just want normalcy sometimes so I go back to using pads. Then I go a few days changing them and not always getting the fit right leading to rubbing and chafing. Overall life is easier with pullups or briefs for me.

I don't need briefs yet but I've found so many good deals at thrift stores and CB Marketplace so I use them half the time now.

G....,
If you're interested in seeing what's coming in the undefined future, we are just finishing up the design improvements on our patented external aid. It will reduce your leakage to ideally one liner per day...without stress episodes, such when working in the yard. For those moments, a different setting will help. Since the final iteration of our aid is about to be tested, you may want to try it and offer your feedback. Others before you have enabled us to get to this point, for which we are very grateful.
More info available if you send a note to amhelp@comcast.net. Best wishes.

I'm not sure that I am a good comparison because in 2013 I had an accident resulting in spinal injury at the base of my neck with paralysis from there down. Both my anus and my urethra have been left closed except with manual intervention: I hardly ever pass urine via the usual route (I have a suprapubic catheter); nurses visit on alternate days to give me a bowel evacuation. However, for what it's worth, this is my incontinence wear: unisex fixation pants (pull-ups) with just one pad per day. (Abena Abri Fix large ref: 9251 or Allanda iD Expert Ultra Large ref: 5400300250). They are quite hard-wearing and can be washed many times. They are made of lightweight lycra netting, and having no fixed gusset, are intended to hold a pad - effectively a disposable gusset. I wear an Abri San Premium 5 pad, capacity 1,200 ml. (Other pads with larger capacities are available).