PTSD and bed wetting

Archives1

Staff member
Hey there!

So I wet the bed when I was younger. Probably till I was 10-12. Now I’m 30. Year and a half ago I was assaulted while away at work (handling catastrophes). Had one accident, then didn’t sleep for months because I was waking up so much worried I’ve had an accident. I posted this as a reply on another topic.

I started wearing diapers to bed recently and have been sleeping way better. Last night I tried out a product and slept straight through except waking up once or twice.

Anyone else have anxiety/stress causing bed wetting? I’ve been checked out and all good. But if I wear a diaper to bed. I wake up with that thing full every night. If I don’t wear anything. I probably wake 6-7 times a night just tossing and turning

Also, forgot to mention. When wearing a diaper I may soak it every night but I do sleep!

There's something real going on in this but hard to guess what angle to tackle it from. A lot of people who experienced sexual assault experience this.
I know talk therapy doesn't always cure it but telling your tory in no judgment ment company until its fully disabled in the light can help reorient the mind and maybe come to a different conclusion of how the story ends, with you in charge this time.

The diapers may be a security blanket which is ok. If I don't wear diapers to bed, don't sleep well. When I do, I sleep soundly.

I've also have had anxiety which helps lead to my bed wetting.I being older now have to wear diapers to help keep bed dry and get some sleep.

I just kind of got myself worried. Last night for example, I woke up at 3am and was wet. The urge to pee woke me up but I was so exhausted I started peeing before I could realize it and then passed back out.

I mean is that bad I don’t try to jump out of bed and make it? I’ve done that before and it gives me panic and then I’m up for the rest of the night. Just looking for reassurance. Hoping this goes away once I get more rest and continue to heal from the PTSD

may941 said:
There's something real going on in this but hard to guess what angle to tackle it from. A lot of people who experienced sexual assault experience this.
I know talk therapy doesn't always cure it but telling your tory in no judgment ment company until its fully disabled in the light can help reorient the mind and maybe come to a different conclusion of how the story ends, with you in charge this time.
@may941

Thanks for the feedback. I hear providers tell me this. But I have a hard time saying “ok I don’t just leak when I sleep, I’m talking full void and the most absorbent diaper you can buy is full.”

Regardless of how I prep. No liquids, or no sugar, or no caffeine. Only difference is if I don’t do those things. I either have a headache or I feel dehydrated. Still wake up wet