Prostate surgery

Well no it doesn’t really leak laying down or sitting but as soon as I stand up it will squirt so I can’t really let it breathe and dry off cause eventually I’ll be in trouble. And all of the standing it just drips. I’m red and soar now

@Rich2020
Early on, it's common for your cock to hurt. To help this, put briefs or boxer briefs on over your diaper. Not loose boxers. Briefs or boxer briefs will hold your nut-sack up. When your nuts are trying to drag on the ground, it puts strain on your dick making it hurt worse.

Piss has ammonia and other waste by-products in it. The stink is bad enough, but worse is what it does to your skin. If you're home when you change your diaper/pad, jump in the shower every time you change and wash yourself from the waist down. It doesn't take long to do. If your cock, nut-sack, groin, constantly stay wet bacteria will take over and cause a rash or maybe even sores. Once that happens, it becomes difficult to treat. Pre-treating the skin with diaper ointment like used on infants is suggested by some. But the best thing to do is just keep yourself extremely clean.
Shave off all your pubes as well. Including those on your nut-sack. Just don't shave them off down to the skin to prevent infection. Pubic hair saturated with piss stinks like hell, and holds piss against your skin. The key to this whole thing is to stay clean, clean, clean. Just a quick hot water rinse of your private parts in the shower is all it takes. Don't use soap every time either. Excessive use of harsh soap dries out the skin and removes the natural oils that prevent bacteria growth. Use Dove soap, or soap made for infants. If you can't shower for every diaper/pad change, wipe your self with Pampers Baby Wipes. Visit the baby department at your grocery store. They have wipes, baby oil, diaper rash ointment, etc. Prior to my prostate removal, the Motherfu**ers didn't tell me any of this.

@WilliamMartin really like the way you explain and the time taken to write the very details of managing incontinence.

Rgds
TP

Rich2020 said:
Well I had my prostate removed 9 days ago. My catheter removed 2 days ago. I am now wearing diapers and wondering how long I have to put up with this. My Google searching led me to this site. I know I'm only a couple days in but this isn't how I imagined it. I am only 52 years old.

@Marlondb
I'm sure you've heard about Kegel exercises. I started doing them prior to surgery and was able to get a very good contraction. However, after surgery that muscle did not want to respond. I could get only a very weak contraction, and after just 3 or 4 tries no contraction at all.
There is a device that REALLY helps called K-fit Kegel Toner for Men - Electric Pelvic Muscle Exerciser for Automatic Kegels. Amazon sells it for $159.99. Make sure you get the one for MEN.

When used for bladder health the K-fit helps to return tone to the muscle that cradles the bladder and that allows the passage of urine through the urethra. Normally this muscle wraps quite firmly around the urethra, but over time it loses tone and allows the bladder to drop and urine to dribble through without conscious admission. ( This is not the pelvic floor muscle, but is important for bladder control.)

The K-fit can also help you build a strong pelvic floor, increasing blood flow to the region and developing tone. ( This is the muscle that Urologists focus on, but there are all kinda muscles and nerves that influence bladder control. This device seems to stimulate all of them.)

This is the "home version" of the same device used by Urology Physical Therapists, that costs thousands of dollars. The advantage here is you use this on yourself in the privacy of your own home.
Hopefully, you aren't one of those guys who are adverse to having anything inserted into their Asshole.
The probe is very small and doesn't hurt. You've shit Turds way bigger than this probe.

Are you familiar with the "TENS" devices used on external muscles.?? Sticky pads are applied to the skin on either side of the affected muscle. An pulsing electrical current is applied causing the muscle to contract then relax. Well, this K-fit device works exactly the same way, except internally.
NO it doesn't 'shock' you. NO it doesn't hurt unless you turn it up all the way.

Some tips for use:
It MUST be lubricated to make electrical contact. It does not come with lubricant. Buy a tube of KY jelly or other water based lubricant. KY is the best one.
Lay on your back in bed with a towel underneath you. At first, when this thing starts pulsing, small amounts of Piss will squirt out your Dick. Don't freak or tighten up. Just let the Piss run off your stomach and into the towel. Over time, this Piss thing will stop.

There is a small round piece on the back of the probe that controls depth. Adjust this as far back on the probe as you can, and twist it slightly so it is tight. You want ALL THREE INCHES of this probe in your Asshole. If you only insert an inch or two of the probe, it only stimulates the Sphincter Muscle around your Asshole and not the pelvic floor muscle and other muscles and nerves deeper inside.

Your pelvic floor muscle is UNDERNEATH your Rectum. After getting used to the way this thing works, reach around with one hand and grasp the end of the probe. RAISE the back end of the probe.
(The part that protrudes out of your asshole.) Just lift it up gently towards the ceiling. This forces the FRONT of the probe that contain the electrical impulse rings DOWNWARD and closer to the Pelvic Floor Muscles which are the ones you want to stimulate.

In addition to the pelvic floor muscles, there are other muscles and nerves up in there. All around the bladder is a muscle. ALL of this stuff works together for bladder control. You'll notice an improvement after just 2 or 3 sessions. Only do 1 session a day for the first week or two. More than that and you'll cause fatigue in all those muscles and nerves. Don't overdo it at first. Read the instructions that come with the device. This REALLY helped me and is the best 160 dollars I EVER spent.
Cheers and all best to you.