Prostate removal acid reflux incontinence

Only thing I could see in common is if you cough a lot due to acid reflux. The coughing will contribute to incontinence.

What i was thinking what goes on in your stomach ie coffee alcohol spicy food if that cause problems then if you have high acid in your stomach always could that possibly work its way to your Blatter and cause problems.

@Parone1977 Try taking Pepcid, Nexium, or Prilosec for two weeks to see if it helps you. I prefer Prilosec. Those are over-the-counter medications you can buy; no prescription needed.

My Doc narrowed to down to an Ulcer - heavy tension and too-long hours. But it has bad case. Lots of pair
What was Prescrition for acid-reflux is now an OTC; was Prilosec. For bad upset stomach, I find it useless now, and went to Tums Ultra. Sounds like you should consider the Doc option. My Doc said that acid not good for throat.

@AlasSouth My paternal grandfather, age 44, died when my dad was only 19, from acid reflux disease. Back then, in 1970, there were no acid reflux medications. The acid reflux burned a hole through his esophagus so badly that he had all kinds of internal bleeding before he was even in the hospital. By the time he noticed he felt sick and got care, it was way too late; he died within 48 hours with blood gurgling out of his esophagus and into his mouth when he tried to talk.

So if a doctor recommends that you take an acid reflux medication, know that if you don’t take it, you’re risking cutting off your life early and suddenly. Even if you think it’s not helping your immediate gut pain, trust that it’s helping your esophagus in the long run. My dad has taken Pepcid since he was 45, and his acid reflux is largely under control. Unlike his father, he is still very alive at age 74 now.

I’m glad you get some relief from yucky Tums - I can’t stand them and they never help me. Neither does Alka-Seltzer, Rolaids, nor Pepto Bismo help me, either. For diarrhea I take high doses of liquid Imodium, which works much faster and more thoroughly than the pill form. I’ve also recently discovered that taking one daily dose of the over-the-counter, gut-health aid Fortify (in addition to Prilosec) to be immensely helpful. The one I take has 50 billion live probiotics per pill, of 10 separate probiotic strains. Each pill also contains nine strains of prebiotics. Since I started taking Fortify - which I was initially *very* skeptical about - my entire gastrointestinal track has felt soooooooo much better balanced. Diarrhea: gone 90-95% of the time. Bloating: gone. Stomach aches: gone.

Medications like Fortify and Prilosec actually help heal what the problem is, though they certainly don’t cure the problem forever at its source. There aren’t really cures for ulcers other than deep rest for 4-6 weeks, or, to take acid reducers. But Tums or Rolaids only treat the symptoms; they don’t heal. You can take them all at the same time if you want. Talk to your doctor about all of this, of course. Ulcers are serious and can rapidly progress to a bleeding ulcer, which can be life-threatening. And if you think a regular ulcer hurts, wait until you get a bleeding ulcer! I had a small bleeding ulcer about 5-7 years ago thanks to NSAIDS but once I’d been taking Prilosec twice a day for a few weeks - and rested, my symptoms were gone and I haven’t had prolonged stomaches since then. What do you have to stick to the medication daily. You don’t use it to get immediate relief from a stomachache; it doesn’t work that way. It works over the long term.

Sorry to hear you have such bad ulcer pain.

I don’t have much acid reflux in my throat or esophagus but I do get bad stomach-lining ulcer pain because I take so many NSAIDs. Accordingly, I take Prilosec, one pill in the morning and one pill at night, at the times I take Aleve, as prescribed. I do get a prescription from my doctor for both Prilosec/Omeprazole and Aleve/Naproxen because my Rx copay for them costs a lot less money ($4 for Prilosec quantity 60, and $4 for Aleve quantity 120) than buying them over the counter. You can’t get a prescription for Pepcid or Nexium anymore, so if you want the least expensive option of the acid reducers, go with a prescription for Prilosec. They all do the same thing. If you’re taking your acid reflux reducer (like Prilosec, Nexium, Pepcid) only one pill once per day, ask your doctor if it’s okay for you to try taking two per day to see if your stomach ache reduces. The difference is night or day for me. Sometimes I prefer to take both in the morning but other times I prefer to spread the dose out.

I have a really sensitive “stomach” - or something (upper intestine?) when it comes to my waistline. Not sure why, but across my entire life, my stomach hurts badly when I wear panties (or diapers), pants, nylons, or bras that fit properly. I mean, when anything is touching my waistline at all, even the lower elastic of a bra, I get a distracting stomach ache. I have to buy my pants waistlines to be baggy; it’s a drag, because then my pants are too big in the legs and look unfashionable. Unfortunately diapers can’t be baggy or they don’t work, so I’m never really comfortable when I wear them with their snug embrace. But Prilosec and Fortify really help with that weirdness, as does wearing dresses, which I fortunately love to do.

My adventurous, wilderness-loving grandpa was only 44 when he died from acid reflux disease. I definitely wish I could have met him :( He never got to meet any of his grandkids. I wasn’t born until eight years after he died.

My other grandad, from England, who I did get to know, was mean, unadventurous, rarely left the house other than to go to work, and was physically disabled by diabetes Type I which he’d had since he was eight years old. But he wasn’t so physically disabled he couldn’t hit and scream at his family members! He was no fun at all. He died when I was only 10, and he was 62. My whole life, I’ve been missing the grandfather presence that could and should have been a part of my life. From all the stories about him that I’ve heard, it sounds like I really would have liked the grandfather I never got to meet because his interests were in common with my own.

Now I have lots of relatives with diabetes Type I or II, and they’re all still alive in their 70s and 80s. Diabetic medications and research are more advanced now than they were in my granddad’s life. If he’d had access to modern diabetic medications, treatments, and guidelines at a younger age, he likely would have lived longer than age 62.

We must all take care to remember to be grateful for how advanced medicine is during our lifetimes. I know it’s not necessarily advanced enough, but the field of medicine is sooooooo much better than it was even 40-50 years ago. My dad has both of the conditions that killed both of my grandfathers, but he’s doing pretty good at age 74, thanks to modern medications and knowledge.

One last thing. My pain/spine doctor was recently trying to convince me to buy an adjustable mattress for pain relief and overall improvement in health. She said they help reduce acid reflux and sleep apnea, which are often intertwined conditions. I trust her because she’s not a guy at a mattress store telling me this in order to sell me a bed. So I will proceed with getting an adjustable mattress in the next few months, primarily for daily swollen knee inflammation reduction in fluid accumulation/edema, but specifically to aid during knee replacement surgery post-op recovery. Maybe an adjustable mattress really can help your stomach. I know they help my back.

Hope something I wrote might help. Have a great day!

Coffee, tea, alcohol, and spicy foods tend to irritate the bladder. I've read several posts that indicate alcohol worsens incontinence. These same beverages and foods can also contribute to acid reflux. Not exactly a cause/effect relationship, but I do agree with your observations. Drinking more water helps dilute the urine, which helps with incontinence.