Problems back after “holding it” yesterday.

Archives1

Staff member
I’ve not had any oab issues since a small reoccurrence in March. Yesterday i was in a situation where I had to go about 3 hrs without a trip to the restroom. As I was walking (maybe running) to my apartment I lost control.

The really bad part is that ever since then I’ve not been able to control things at all. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Also anyone else with oab, does anyone else experience some sort of “remission” for months then relapse and lose control again?

@Newbie2this I think I would try a little bladder retraining. Try to go to the bathroom as soon as you feel the need and then gradually extend the time you hold it.

You irritated things by holding out too long, you will probably need some recovery time.

Good luck.

Squander is right on the money there!! The bladder and muscles that work with it sometimes when irritated or damaged will fail us and cause all those to come back and your going to need to be patient while you retrain like squander said. It’s frustrating but it’s worth the patience if you can regain control. Hope it goes well for you

Thanks for all the advice. I’m just trying to stay positive and work thru this. I’m just grateful to have access to adult diapers so I can go on with life with this problem.

I’m going to do the retraining and hoping for good l results.

The same thing happened to me awhile back tried to go without and then it hit me leaking.I went right back to the diapers because of the not secure feeling.

@sport I have also had this happen. Several days dry and then for no particular reason, no control at all. I never go to work without protection, even in a dry spell.

Same here. Not going to chance another accident in public. Not the way I want people to remember me. Rather have an emergency system in place to stay dry.

It’s odd that I can go weeks or even a couple months without an issue. I would rather not wear diapers all the time. I know it’s a weird thing to say but I wish my damn bladder would at least be consistent in its behavior so I can know if/when to wear diapers.

Maybe keep an eye on stress levels and whether youve eaten spicy food or acidic drink
Ive noticed im best when drink MORE water and ONLY
Water throughout the day and limit coffee to one cup in the morning