Possible SPC removal tomorrow

Archives1

Staff member
Tomorrow I go in for my monthly catheter change but when I go in I’m going to ask the doctor to take it out. I got the SPC to get out of diapers. Yet I still have to wear them. I hate being hooked up to a bag and the leg bag was a nightmare. It slid down my leg once during physical therapy. Embarrassing. And let’s not forget all the times it has leaked at night. And the infections. I’ve had 2 in a 4 month period. It’s just not working.

I wish you all the best at your appointment tomorrow. Not sure what the answer is but honestly if you switched to this to get out of diapers however you still have to wear it doesn’t really sound like a win in anyway regard. Just my humble thoughts but I am sure you would agree with my findings. Lol. It sounds like a lose lose scenario.

Thanks man. I guess I’m just mostly nervous because I don’t know how I’ll do at night yet, just having gotten the tube out. Guess I’ll prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

Hi EJ, I think you made the right decision. At least you tried and gave it uyo9r best shot and that's the best anyone can do! After all you never know until you've tried! I hope you were able to get the thng out and that you are now much more comfortable!!