Get this thing out of me!!

So I woke up today with not one abscess but TWO on my residual limb. No leg for me for several days. I swear if it’s not one thing it’s another.

Hi @justej, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you can take care of that with minimal delay. My best wishes for a quick recovery. There's that old saying about things happening un threes, so hopefully you've had those and are now in line for good things! :)

Hi, justej, Old age: it's not just that's its one damn thing after another, it everything damn thing, all the time, at once. (Not you old, me waaaay old.)
Had ocassion to read up on Pressure Ulcers, a few months ago. (Us laypeople call them bedsores). That why they turn Covid cases in the ICU - besides that business of putting them on their stomach to breath better. There is an advisory board on them, and a classification scale, 1-4, 4 is worst.
Is this related? I was surprised to find out that sheepskin is one of the most effective preventatives, as a padding (apparently), aside from those mattresses that have air-bladders that shift the pressure around.
One assumes they must be sterilized before use. I didn't find out if the lanolin is removed. The person I talked to had lost his sense of smell - lost considerable interest in the world, for the time being.
I know those of us who have had a Total Knee Replacement have damaged circulation. My leg looks & feels like hell, anyway. The diabetes compounds that.
For goodness sake, take care of yourself.

@justej I cant imagine what all you are going through, I agree with you on the Suprapubic, the medical field is still trying to have me get one, and I have continued to fight them off. Urologist told me I will insert a 26fr so you don't have trouble. I ignored and hearing your thoughts still glad I'm.

But I so hope things get easier for you, especially with your leg.