Pelvic floor therapy for kegel exercises with Anal probe

Archives1

Staff member
has anyone had experience with treatments with an anal probe for pelvic floor muscle strengthening with good results? What devices?

Hi - I bought a Tens machine with the anal probe designed to improve pelvic floor by an electrical pulse. It cost £75 and to be quite honest I’m not sure it helped very much. It was recommended by my physio but I think just doing the normal Kegel exercises was just as good. I did have the side effect of having frequent visits to the loo to crap afterwards.

I did with therapist two years after surgery and it didn’t help. She said I waited too long after my surgery.

I did inquire about it during one of the appointments with PT since they provide that treatment. PT told me that I have to be 100% sure I am cancer free before she'd recommend it. I'm still waiting to find out if I am cancer free or not. I'd try it, just to see if it'd help.

My PT said they probably weren’t worth what they costs. It sort of depends on the individual - they may or may not help.

The Tens machine has a variety of settings for intensity. You will feel a tingling which will be barely noticeable on a low setting to quite strong tingling on a higher setting. You just set it at a level that you find comfortable.

- From where are these bought?

- What do they look like?

- How are they applied, down there?

- For how long are they intended to be used, each day?

Can you provide the thread with any links to these.

I want to know everything about these...they sound interesting.

12a80fda071f67c474567720e2b9e6e4.png

This is the Tens machine which my physio recommended. It should be used once every couple of days for 20mibs.