Oops. I feel bad.

Archives1

Staff member
I did a total ass hole Move today. While standing in line at a store to pay, someone behind me started making fart noises. I thought they must have seen or know that I’m wearing a diaper and that he’s making fun of me. So I got pissed and turned around and said “do you have a f**king problem?”. The guy looked terrified (I’m a muscular guy), apologized, and told me he has Tourette’s syndrome. I told him “no I’m sorry. I thought you were making fun of me or something”. I feel like such a dick. I wish I would have paid for his stuff or something but I just wanted to get out of the store.

Ohhhhhhh.........don't be so hard on yourself. There's too much stress in everyone's lives right now. Cut yourself some slack.

Maybe he was quick witted and saved himsrlf from a beatdown. But good you kept your cool and let him speak and see his side

You handled it just fine. If he does have tourette's, he has to expect and deal with people. You cant be in charge of it all. If he was mocking you, he got a stand down.
And you were appropriate and an apology so it's all good.

Reminds me of that line from a song, " what if God was one of us? Just stranger on a bus? Trying to make his way home.."

Owww! That sure did hurt! :( It's easy to feel that someone is making fun of you even though he most likely wasn't even aware of what you were wearing. I get that! But you handled it well and kept it from becoming a full-blown disaster. That's good!:) And with you apologizing the situation was quickly de-fused. Also good! :) But we all make mistakes like that. We're only human! There are varying degrees of Tourette's and apparently with some of the severe forms people with it just can't control things that most people can. A most unfortunate situation. I haven't know anybody with the more severe forms of Tourette's.
And Maymay, I liked your reference to that song. Very thought-provoking !:)

@Spaz I am pretty sure we have all have at one time or another acted, reacted, or maybe even didn't act and we regret how we handled a situation. In your case you had a legitament reaction to something you preserved was happening. Once you knew that the situation was not as how you perceived it you corrected the reaction by apologizing. You handed the situation much better than a lot of other people would have.

It happens to the best of us man - if I was wearing a disposable brief during the day I would have probably done the same thing. Im very protective of having to wear diapers at night. Its a secret i don't want anybody to find out about.

I guess its the internal shame.

Hi @Honeeecombs, I see where you're coming from. You probably feel like you're in a minority now, right? Well maybe, but with people getting older, living longer and all of that, those like us are probably headed to being less of a minority and starting to be more of a majority. And the fact you wear diapers just at night can be seen as somewhat of an advantage for you. I'm thinking, who's going to see you at night? So I think your secret is safe. And by the way I don't think a medical issue is really something to be all that ashamed of. It's a part of you for sure. But it doesn't define you. It isn't your fault, never was, and never will be. It happens to the best of us and all of us here are the smart ones for knowing what to do about it.:)