One day great and next day awful?

Archives1

Staff member
Does your OAB have crazy swings? Yesterday I only peed 4 times during the day and had zero urgency. I didn’t even have to change my Depends until bedtime. Already today at 10:45am I have peed 6 times, all of it really urgent and still feel like my bladder is bursting, and I had to change twice. I didn’t eat or drink anything differently. Craziness!

Yes unfortunately the swings can be unknown and vary from minute to minute or day to day. It’s what happens when those parts start to fail. Like a car on the fritz and then nothing when the mechanic looks at it!!

I am the same my bladder Control is non existant sometimes and other times it isn't as bad. It can change in a heartbeat though. So I wear protetion all the time.

I'm the same during the day, but usually better when lying down. I know that if I have a stressful day ahead I need to be careful to be fully protected as stress seems to cause my OAB to go crazy, Phil

@3babiesin3years I had 3 amazing days in a row. I thought it was finally over and made the mistake of going to the store with no protection. I peed my pants in the middle of the store and had to run out. Lesson learned.

That does sound like oab- my experience is that my bladder does what it wants, when it wants. And it's all over the map, too. One day is different from the next. In my case, the problem is from a head injury and to some degree, my bladder's behavior mimicks my headaches and my memory - some days are better than others. I can't predict what will happen, except that, now, after 29+ years, I need protection all the time.

Spaz said:
@3babiesin3years I had 3 amazing days in a row. I thought it was finally over and made the mistake of going to the store with no protection. I peed my pants in the middle of the store and had to run out. Lesson learned.
At this point I can’t imagine ever going without some sort of protection.

@3babiesin3years

Though not OAB, my bedwetting can be so random also. It is only occasional so I never know when it might happen. Some times like after a very active day of sports I will wet the bed, yet other times after a day of active sports total dry. Yet other times no active sorts, over tired, extra beverages you’d think no worries I’ll stay dry tonight and end up waking up wet.

So dándom and crazy.

My bladder is all over the place. For example as this makes clear sense to me, but when you see someone yawn, you do also right? Well just talking about this makes my bladder start the spasms. My PCP tells me try very hard to relax and dream good things that bring you joy.

But then my bladder doesn't like certain things like we all know. And if I'm not careful everything falls apart.

I do know my bladder has its own brain I feel and really doesn't like taking orders from the main brain!!
I get to tired of this. I hate spasms, sometimes I just give in, as my plate is full. Like today.

My Dr. sent me a email the other day, she encourages me to retire from my work, and except a Foley catheter. Maybe a little more Lexapro, and she will get her way! Who knows.

I believe even the weather effects mine. Mostly diet and what wver project im into that requires lifting, pushing, pulling on things.

@3babiesin3years oh yes. I learned my lesson and wear a diaper even on good days. The funny part was that as I was leaving the store, my shoes were making squish sounds from he pee that collected in them. 😂🤣

My OAB and urge incontinence are very consistent. As a result, I wear a diaper 24/7/365; and the diaper almost always is wet after 8 hours.

Yes, when incontinent, its just safer, I wear something all the time, yesterday, work was almost over, (desk job) when I got up I had multiple spasms, and I didn't want to change as I wanted to get home (10minbefore work was done) so scooted to bathroom stood in front of urinal I was already leaking,but there and trying to relax, as the stream had already quit, close my eyes some, all of a sudden I had fecal coming out. Geez guys, there should be a law about having both incons

@Boomersway having both incons is a nightmare, fortunately it has only happened to me a few times. I hope that this doesn't happen too often for you, Phil

Boomersway said:
Yes, when incontinent, its just safer, I wear something all the time, yesterday, work was almost over, (desk job) when I got up I had multiple spasms, and I didn't want to change as I wanted to get home (10minbefore work was done) so scooted to bathroom stood in front of urinal I was already leaking,but there and trying to relax, as the stream had already quit, close my eyes some, all of a sudden I had fecal coming out. Geez guys, there should be a law about having both incons
Ugh. I hate rushing to the bathroom, leaking on the way there, and then not being able to go when you get there.

physlink said:
I'm the same during the day, but usually better when lying down. I know that if I have a stressful day ahead I need to be careful to be fully protected as stress seems to cause my OAB to go crazy, Phil