Night time diaper

Jason... That's pretty much how my cloth night diaper looks, as far as thickness and height - coming up almost to the belly button. However, I only use 1 diaper pin on each side. The important thing for everyone to notice here is how much overlap you have on the side. From the top of your diaper to the bottom, on the side, it looks like about 5 to 7 inches of material. This part of your diaper will absorb the wetness if you're a side sleeper.
I mention this, because I've talked to some guys who buy their diapers to small... They have to pin it at the sides, and end up with only a couple inches of diaper there to catch any urine. Also, a small diaper doesn't rise high enough on the waist. Between these two factors, you're just asking for wet sheets.

I forgot to mention earlier that I did notice that certain brands absorb sudden gushes better than others,wicking plays a big part also, as this is most of the time is what causes leakage in us side sleepers.
As mentioned by someone else, the diaper has to fit snug. If it is too large it will leak. I am a very heavy wetter.

I will no longer be using xp5000's I am done with them after what happened to me at work today! and nighttime use also😡. My nighttime and daytime diaper preferences are definitely going back to BetterDrys and abenas.

They leaked horribly on me after about 5 hours of use at work. Their quality is inconsistent and kept getting very mixed results daily. I was wearing my cotton onesie and it got very wet in the leg opening elastics and pretty much the entire bottom of it where the snaps are at. luckily, only a few wet spots were visible on my black work pants. Also, I do not recommend them for sleeping either. They dont absorb sudden flows of urine fast enough, luckily I had on my pul pants diaper cover and contained the leak. Goodbye xp5000's😤