Night time diaper

Archives1

Staff member
When it comes to putting on my Nighttime diaper I really look foward to it. I’ve been a bed wetter off and on for a while now but it wasn’t till this past February I started wearing diapers every night. If I don’t have a diaper on I don’t sleep well at all working that will wet. I only wet 2-3 times a week now but the feeling I get when I am diapered laying in bed is a secure feeling. Does anyone else feel this way OT is it just me.

I guess so. I haven't really thought about it- but if I didn't have the protection I need- around the clock- I'd be completely distracted, and unable to function. I think that I have come to take my protection for granted.

I’ve always worn a night time diaper. I’m a lifelong bedwetter. Every night, I put on a thick cloth diaper, diaper pins, and plastic pants. I like wearing a diaper. I’m comfortable, secure, and happy in my diaper. I like myself the way I am. I don’t want to be any other way.

How long have you been bedwetting? Did you grow up in a diaper?

I couldn,'t even think about even trying to sleep without my diaper. I know the feeling. I get a good. restfull sleep knowing i'm protected.
I've been in diapers 24/7 for about nine years now and could not imagine myself trying to get through a day or night without them. A good addition would be a champion brand bed protector. I got mine from northshore and love it, very comfortable.

2 hours. At night I prefer a condom catheter. However becomes detached easily and I would have to use two or three to get them to fit and stay. Sometimes I use surgical tape to anchor them. Anybody with similar experiences

I know the feeling.. For several years, when I only had a bedwetting accident once or twice a year, I was fine going to bed in just my night clothes. But now that I wet the bed several times a week, I feel stressed and unable to get to sleep if I don't have thick diapers and plastic pants on.

Actually, I had trouble falling asleep for a while, even when I was diapered, because I was having leaking problems. When I realized that the solution was to "double diaper" at night, I was able to start sleeping better immediately. Granted, my diaper pail fills up faster, but it's a small price to pay for a good night of sleep!

@MikeD9876 I sleep in cloth diapers, too. I love cloth diapers. My mom kept me in cloth diapers growing up as that’s all there was in the 1960s. I’m so comfortable in big, thick, soft, fluffy cloth diapers. I even like them wet.

I just bought some of the cloth ones from Rearz. They are more for shipping delays if I run out but they are pretty comfortable and they actually are very absorbent. I’m impressed

@jrpoorman I get the Purity gauze diapers from www.adultclothdiaper.com - they are most like the Curity diapers I wore when I was a kid. The fabric is so soft and comfortable. I don’t see why anyone would want to wear underwear after wearing a soft gauze diaper.

I forgot to mention that I have pictures of my cloth diaper supply on my profile. Just click on my kitty picture.

I like to sleep on my side, which used to cause my disposable diaper to leak. I didn't sleep soundly with that on my mind. I switched to cloth diapers with plastic pants. I don't worry anymore because I hardly ever leak. I do feel much more secure knowing that I am wearing protection. I do agree with some of you that cloth diapers are softer and more comfortable than disposable.

I agree, I cannot get any disposables to work for me overnight as I also sleep mostly on my side. That’s ok though because I’ve used thick cloth diapers with plastic pants my whole life and feel much more relaxed going to sleep in them knowing when I wet the sheets are spared, most nights. Always have mattress protector anyway.
Good quality disposables work fine during the day.

I think the problem with disposable diapers is the way they are designed... The REALLY cheap ones have only an absorbent strip down the center... The more expensive ones have small padded "wings" that go into the sides of the diaper, but not nearly far enough. So if you're a male, when you sleep on your side, your "junk" hangs to the side, and you will leak almost every time, even with plastic pants.

Compare that to cloth diapers... I buy my cloth diapers large enough that the back wraps around to the front far enough that my diaper pins are pinned in the front, instead of the side. This gives my diaper an overlap on the sides of about 4 inches wide. This double layer diaper overlap, along with well fitting plastic pants, stops pretty much all leaks when I sleep on my side. Another thing that helps is if you "point it down" between your legs when you put your night diaper on. Of course, if you're a younger guy and still get nocturnal erections, this may be a problem during the night!!

I am a side sleeper and I have gotten around this problem with great success. Its a real easy fix and I use only disposables.

LiveLifeJR said:
I am a side sleeper and I have gotten around this problem with great success. Its a real easy fix and I use only disposables.

Well do share!! What's your technique? What brand of diapers do you use?

Hi@MikeD9876, sure no problem, I normally use BetterDry medium, abena m4, xp5000's and rearz incontrol diapers. All I do is when changing my diaper for nightime I first of all I open up my diaper, bring it up, put the rear of the diaper lined up with my rear side, stand against wall and then I bring up the front side and pull the front wings firmly but not too tight between each leg and while I'm holding the front wing, I put on the lower tapes on first and then carefully you push your genital downward towards middle of diaper and then firmly tape up the upper part of the the wings. Then I put on my kins clear soft pul diaper cover over my diaper and that keeps everything in place. I also move around alot at night. And finally. I use a re washable bed protector from NorthShore care, and that's how manage nightly without any problems. A good tip is if you buy a diaper cover, make sure it is snug fitting or you can use a shapper undergarment those work really well also, hope this helps.