New

Make sure you work with a doctor, as hard as that may be. With this being the result of the assault, there might be more options for you to recover. It might be something that you will recover from as your body heals itself. A doctor may be able to help that go faster.

If the struggle is more on the psychological ends of things, reach out to a good therapist. This might be a good idea anyways, with what you have been through. I have known many people whom had incontinence related to trauma triggers. Incontinence can be part of the fight or flight response.

If this does look like a long struggle, start looking into different options, order samples until you find what works for you. Medicaid in most states will pay for diapers or pullups of some kind. If you don't have medicaid, you can look into an fsa or hsa. It definitely makes it easier. I do find that good pharmacy diapers end up being the same price per diaper as most of the poor ones in the stores. I use Seni myself.

Mightychi said:
Make sure you work with a doctor, as hard as that may be. With this being the result of the assault, there might be more options for you to recover. It might be something that you will recover from as your body heals itself. A doctor may be able to help that go faster.

If the struggle is more on the psychological ends of things, reach out to a good therapist. This might be a good idea anyways, with what you have been through. I have known many people whom had incontinence related to trauma triggers. Incontinence can be part of the fight or flight response.

If this does look like a long struggle, start looking into different options, order samples until you find what works for you. Medicaid in most states will pay for diapers or pullups of some kind. If you don't have medicaid, you can look into an fsa or hsa. It definitely makes it easier. I do find that good pharmacy diapers end up being the same price per diaper as most of the poor ones in the stores. I use Seni myself.

I am working with both a doctor and a therapist. My therapist and I are reeeeeeeeeally slow getting moving, but I feel that we have a good relationship building & I am staying positive on that end. Regarding medical care, this was the result of my assaulter using multiple objects on me during the assault, multiple surgeries/complications, ect. As much as I wish it was something like fight-or-flight because then I feel like there would be hope for improvement, this is very different. :( I've requested some samples from North Shore, so we will see how that works out.

Im so sorry you had to suffer through that. I can’t imagine how hard or horrifying that must have been for you. I am glad to know that you are connected with help though.

As for finding the right diaper, ask yourself a few questions
1) How much do you wet, when you do wet, is it full bladder, or light dribbles.
2) what percentage of time will you wet versus making it to a toilet.
3) Do you want to change every time you wet, or do you want a diaper that will hold multiple wettings.
4) If you do want to use a diaper for multiple wettings, how often do you want to change (4 hous,6,8).
5) how many times a day will you wet.
This will let you know if you need a light, midrange or heavy duty diaper.
Just remember the more high endurance diapers are more noticeable and more bulky. For women, i hear that dresses are a great way to cover and hide diapers.

Hi @Mightychi, That is a very good guide to help determine what we need to wear. Very concise and to the point!!
And my impression of the high endurance diapers is they are more expensive as well as more noticeable and bulky.

I hope the bastard that did this to you gets what he deserves.
This is a great place for information and support. You can ask about anything and you will find someone who will answer. I am personally very happy that I found this group.

@Mightychi Another consideration is do you want plastic backed or cloth textile backed feel? I find the cloth backed feels damp when the pad is wet unlike the plastic backed that continues to feel dry between the legs. I also find the tapes stick better to plastic backed pads.

Ultimately it depends on brand. I have ran the gamut on different styles and brands. All plastic brands crinkle, especially in a quiet environment, so they don't work. The only cloth brand i have found that works is Seni. They seem to have avoided the problems other cloth brands have. (Seni classic plus is not very good). I use Seni super during the day and Quatro at night. I have never had the feeling of being wet unless i was drenched, and at that point, a change was dire anyways.