New to wearing diapers to stop bed wetting

I have battled with popping pills from the doctor with no relief to the issue. I also have the same issue as yourself. I took the next step and told myself that this will be a normal thing for me now. I also wear diapers at night and during the day. My night diapers of choice are comfydry 24/7, Abena L4, Rearz, and ID Slip. During the day I wear Tranquility ATN's. It was hard at first to come to terms with myself needing to wear diapers. Now it's normal to me to just put one on and go about my business. Just like putting on underwear but with added protection. Keep your head held high. Hope the doctor can find the issue. In the meanwhile, keep looking around for products and like others are saying, take the advantage on samples until you find the right diaper for you. Northshore has a great team and can answer questions you throw at them. Give them a call. We are always here to support each other. Welcome aboard.

Chad - I use the ConfiDry 24/7 diapers too. They're a pretty good diaper, I mainly use them in the daytime, and at night, when traveling. If I'm at home, I use cloth diapers and plastic pants - more economical in the long run.

For leaks with the confiDry diapers, there's two things that help. You can put a disposable booster pad inside the diaper, for more absorbency. Also, plastic pants over your diaper will help too. For some reason, if my ConfiDry diaper leaks, it's ALWAYS on the back side of my right leg, at the bottom. But if I wear plastic pants over it, then just the inside of my plastic pants get wet.

Someone may have commented on this, but I think it has a lot to do with how much you're voiding. I always run a little cost scenario and try not to go with a higher price product if I'm not using most of it. I think Abena M/L4's are a great, cheap product that function well. My next recommendation is BetterDry. They function well and aren't too pricy. LLMedico offers a 5% loyalty/cash back program (for free, no signups) and they can apply it to your next purchase making a case of Betterdry $95 with free shipping.

I wore befome abena L4 i bought those for $53 per case of 36, 1.47 per diaper, better dry is very good diaper the price is $99 per 60, 1.65 per diaper, 24/7 for 114 per case at LL medico include 5 dollars discount for 72, is 1,58 per diaper and is same or more absorbent than better dry

Chadindiapers said:
Hello thanks for the tip - I just recently ordered plastic protected shorts to go over my diaper at night - should get them by next week- I’m trying to avoid having to wash anything or store cloths with pee on them till it’s worth wild to wash.
Chad:
The "Flour Sack Towels" I use are actually just very thin 100% cotton cloths 28" x 28". I just rinse them out in the sink in the morning and hang to dry which they do quickly being so thin. When dry there is no smell and i can just put them in the hamper with other dirty clothes to be washed.
BTW...I don't know which "plastic protected shorts" you purchased but i can highly recommend either Gary or Leakmaster PUL pants from Adult Cloth Diaper Company.

Echoing people’s sentiments re Betterdry for heavy bedwetting. Loads of coverage and absorbency in front and rear. They’re pretty bulky but they’ve been fail safe for me with plastic pants over the top. I have also added a booster on the few occasions I’ve had alcohol in the evening.

I ordered the plastic pants as well - all new to me - as mentioned on my 2nd set of pills that the urologist gave to me - 6 week sample - Weil see what happens - in my comfi 27/7 now getting ready for bed

Chad:
I forgot to mention that while you can add diaper like booster pads to your nighttime diaper and they will add total capacity, the pads don't really have a faster acquisition rate than the diaper itself. Therefore if you have a large void (rather than a slow leak) the boosters really won't stop a leak from happening any better than the diaper will.
The acquisition rate of the cotton pads I use is so much faster than any diaper or booster pad that it will absorb a large void and then slowly distribute it to the diaper.
The bottom line is that a premium diaper has the total capacity to handle one or two large voids but not the acquisition rate, especially true if you are a side sleeper. This is why many here with large nighttime voids use thick cloth diapers with a plastic/PUL pant rather than a disposable.

Thank you for your help - I’m a side sleeper and heavy wetting during the night - I will maybe try the cloth option - I did order plastic covers for the diaper - I will try that option 1st to see if it stops the leaks