New here

Archives1

Staff member
Hi everyone.I got an infection in my spine in 2015 and it almost paralyzed me.Now I have neurogenic bladder.Jusg wondering if anyone else has this and what you can do to control it.

Welcome here. I don’t have that condition. I am suffering periodically from unrinary incontinence/urgency/OAB from MS. I can’t really provide you any guidance but I wanted to welcome you aboard. :)

Hello and welcome!! I have a similar issue with being in an accident back in 2004, I had damage done to the nerves that control the bladder and therefore I have lost control of my bladder muscles. It’s been a challenge finding the right way to manage but today the products and help are much much better than years past and you will find your way to manage as well. Stay in touch here with us and ask whatever questions come up as there are so many great people here willing and ready to help with lots and lots of knowledge and huge hearts!!

Petejc said:
Hello and welcome!! I have a similar issue with being in an accident back in 2004, I had damage done to the nerves that control the bladder and therefore I have lost control of my bladder muscles. It’s been a challenge finding the right way to manage but today the products and help are much much better than years past and you will find your way to manage as well. Stay in touch here with us and ask whatever questions come up as there are so many great people here willing and ready to help with lots and lots of knowledge and huge hearts!!

hi wadebailey -

i have a neurogenic bladder due to a fall down an escalator a little over 4 years ago. it paralyzed my bladder (as well as broke my ankle in 4 places which im still dealing with). i manage by wearing northshore supreme diapers and occasionally switch up with abena l4s. i also wear garywaer active pul pants to keep everything in place and catch the occasional leak. at night i put a reusable bed pad on the bed and a disposable chux pad on top of that. i like to be well protected as it beats having to do laundry in the morning.

feel free to ask any questions and welcome.

I too have a neurogenic bladder (NB), since 2016 when I had a compression of the spinal cord between C3 and C6 as a result of this I was completely paralyzed. However, I have regained use of both my arms and legs they are just extremely weak hence I have to use a wheelchair. Further complicating things as a result of the compression my brain suffered from oxygen starvation which was then further exacerbated a few weeks later when I had a massive bleed out. Thus within just 4 weeks, I had 2 near death experiences, the second one being the closest as I was whisked off to the hospital with no measurable blood pressure this caused additional brain injury due to oxygen starvation.
That is the background to my neurogenic bladder, like "justej" I have to use a diaper at night and then pull-ups during the day I get mine from tyemedical.com. By making use of their 2 part system I am saving boatloads on the purchasing of these products. I try to catheterize every 4 hours but if I get a sudden pressure on my penis or I start to leak pee then obviously the 4 hours gets reduced. As you know with a neurogenic bladder you just never truly know when you will have to go and if I decide not to use a catheter then I never know by how much my bladder will empty without the aid of the catheter. Because I have no feeling until it is too late without the pull-ups during the day I would be constantly wetting my pants and at night I am completely unaware of wetting the diaper. At 61 this is the last thing I expected and in all honesty, this has been the hardest thing to have to come to terms with. Now I try to keep it light and handle it with my normal-dry sense of humor because having an NB sure keeps you on your toes. I wish you all the best and I am always checking in to this support group, as I honestly think the guys here are the best and are always available to help or just be a sounding board for you to rant and vent at. So if I can be of any help please do not hesitate to ask me

I have had OAB as far back as I remember. Two years ago I had prostate surgery and then bladder surgery three months later. This set off really painful spasms. My bladder will simply squeeze everything out. I try to use a catheter before this happens, but because I can't tell how full my bladder is, I often get the timing wrong. When at work I use tape on nappies and use pull ups in the evening at home. Cheers Phil