Less than or Equal to

Archives1

Staff member
When it comes to bladder struggles and having to deal with wearing protection; will i ever feel equal to others?

Right now; i feel less than. I suppose like ive said in the past; i dont take my own advice. But having bladder difficulties and continence issues and a lack of a proper support system; i feel alone somedays.

Ive tried to get out there and make friends; but its hard when your in your late 20s. Im sure its equally as difficult for others whom are even older. Being raised in a homophobic enviornment - i feel more comfortable having guy friends rather than girl friends. But i dont think people understand what its like to live with these symptoms with PTSD and memories from the past.

How have you gone out and made friends? Do you have friends or family members who support yourself and take you under there wing?

If anybody wants to chat; im just getting up for the day - and will probably be playing video games for the day.

Thank you for always being there NAFC digitally. You are my Hogwarts.

"Help will always be given at Hogwarts - to those who deserve it". - Albus Dumbledore.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Hi, I’m a gay man formerly from New York City now living in North Carolina. I suffer from continence issues that stem from radiation treatment I had for prostate cancer. I am 70 years old. I came to North Carolina not knowing anybody but my partner and I joined a very welcoming church where we made many friends. Many of the people in the church are LGBTQ and so we found a home there. If you’re not into religion, many larger cities have LGBTQ clubs or centers were you can meet friends. I know we have one in Winston Salem that we used to attend.

Honeeecombs,

I’m not being judgmental in any way, but the first thing I’d do is lock those video games up for a while and get out of the house! I’ve dealt with incontinence & PTSD for over 30 years, and I swore to myself I would NEVER allow it to interfere with living the fullest life possible.
I had to move out and support myself at 16 years old, after my brother attempted to stab me to death in my sleep. Did not speak with my family for a number of years, yet I finished high school, college & grad school with ZERO help.
When you put your life & decisions in the hands of others, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Only when you can share with others on an equal footing and add something to the equation will you find fulfillment.
Find a cause near and dear to YOUR heart, educate yourself in every facet of it and get out there and help others. Use that tremendous mind you were gifted with to help others! Volunteer until you are too exhausted to deal with those toxic people.
As soon as your done boxing up your video games, make a list of things and people that cause you pain, and cut the cord with them. You don’t have to say a word, actually better to NOT say anything. You are a highly intelligent adult, dragging all your pain and suffering around must be exhausting, kick it loose!
Get out there and help other less fortunate than yourself! When I was in a wheelchair for a couple years, I was at Childrens Memorial every day reading to and laughing with those very sick kids! Talk about brave, just rolling through the Childrens Oncology ward will show you pain, and incredible bravery.
One of my favorite memories is still and always will be bringing my dogs in to see these kids, the nurses would come running to see what all the noise was, because children squealing in laughter and joy is not common in a childrens hospital.
Helping others has a remarkable healing effect on self, I cannot recommend it highly enough…
Have a great day!

gwillie said:
Hi, I’m a gay man formerly from New York City now living in North Carolina. I suffer from continence issues that stem from radiation treatment I had for prostate cancer. I am 70 years old. I came to North Carolina not knowing anybody but my partner and I joined a very welcoming church where we made many friends. Many of the people in the church are LGBTQ and so we found a home there. If you’re not into religion, many larger cities have LGBTQ clubs or centers were you can meet friends. I know we have one in Winston Salem that we used to attend.

Nice to meet you @gwillie! That is a great story - I live in a rural area so there really isn't much in regaurds to LGBTQ clubs or organizations. The faith/church I am apart of doesn't specifically do LGBT things but it's something I believe they are adapting to.

God Loves all of His People, so I am confident in years to come; LGBTQ+ acceptance will be adopted.

North Carolina is beautiful from what I hear. Are you near Charlestowne? There's an old Wilmorite Mall down there that I always wanted to visit.

I used to play a game called Minecraft many years ago; and I got really good at it.

Here's an exterior of a build from 2015
79eda4ec7e6c35acfc3ceb1e9ed5b15f.jpg

And then a couple years later I got even better.
c35d5f58dd9918bb958cf335713a6f20.jpg

1154fdb49d630baf603826fda2fbc4ee.jpg

I haven't really played it much anymore. But I had a good time with it nonetheless.

You see I'm in a rock and a hard spot. I have my Dads family who keep me so close yet from a distance so all I really do is have time other than work. But since fighting and healing my mental health issues- I've found advocating for myself has helped. I cannot allow others to have control over my life.

I know there are many people who would like to get to know me. I'm a person worth knowing.

Take care guys -

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Sprung87 said:
Honeeecombs,

I’m not being judgmental in any way, but the first thing I’d do is lock those video games up for a while and get out of the house! I’ve dealt with incontinence & PTSD for over 30 years, and I swore to myself I would NEVER allow it to interfere with living the fullest life possible.
I had to move out and support myself at 16 years old, after my brother attempted to stab me to death in my sleep. Did not speak with my family for a number of years, yet I finished high school, college & grad school with ZERO help.
When you put your life & decisions in the hands of others, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Only when you can share with others on an equal footing and add something to the equation will you find fulfillment.
Find a cause near and dear to YOUR heart, educate yourself in every facet of it and get out there and help others. Use that tremendous mind you were gifted with to help others! Volunteer until you are too exhausted to deal with those toxic people.
As soon as your done boxing up your video games, make a list of things and people that cause you pain, and cut the cord with them. You don’t have to say a word, actually better to NOT say anything. You are a highly intelligent adult, dragging all your pain and suffering around must be exhausting, kick it loose!
Get out there and help other less fortunate than yourself! When I was in a wheelchair for a couple years, I was at Childrens Memorial every day reading to and laughing with those very sick kids! Talk about brave, just rolling through the Childrens Oncology ward will show you pain, and incredible bravery.
One of my favorite memories is still and always will be bringing my dogs in to see these kids, the nurses would come running to see what all the noise was, because children squealing in laughter and joy is not common in a childrens hospital.
Helping others has a remarkable healing effect on self, I cannot recommend it highly enough…
Have a great day!
I do truly agree with this!

@Honeeecombs I'm a early 40's Bi-sexual male and have mental health issues. which are often (more often then not)the other health issues aggravate my mental health issues.

If you'd like to chat just send me a DM.