leakage after prostate cancer surgery

To those of you that are still incontinent. It has been nearly 3 yrs. for me. Since I had previous issues prior to my prostatectomy, my urologist indicated my incontinence would probably not get better, and possibly worsen. I wear tape on diapers during the day,and cloth at night. There are good days and bad days. There are times when I think I'm seeing some improvement, but still too anxious to dry and manage without wearing protection of some kind. We are a complicated machine,and all operate differently.

Neves and Physlink,, Sorry to hear this... Do you have any control ??? How about at night or when sitting ???

Same to me. I am dried only when I use a Hollister catheter. I do a lot of exercises but so far no improvement.

@Neves is that a condom catheter or an indwelling one? I use intermittent catheters as the indwelling type gave me a really bad infection. Unfortunately I leak between the catheters, Phil

I use a condom attached to a catheter that conducts urine into a pouch strapped to my leg, all Hollister branded. Use approximately 8 hours / day.
I also wear Tena Pants (diapers) when I play sports, go for walks and sleep, etc. Both products are of excellent quality but have some limitations.
The catheter is not good for those who do sports that move the body a lot. It bothers a little and the condom can come off provoking a leaking.

The diaper (Tena Pants and others) are good but too much urine contact with the skin ends up causing skin irritation.

In my case, things somewhat resemble what Damp described in his posts. At nearly 5 years after my open unilateral nerve sparing prostatectomy I am still incontinent. Prior to surgery I had urinary issues with a lot of dribbling for almost a decade so I think that might be a contributing factor. Those urinary issues were supposed to be from BPH but the prostate tumors played a role. My bladder dribbles and leaks and sometimes I get sudden urges to urinate followed immediately by the bladder emptying itself. This has slowly worsened over 5 years but seems to have plateaued somewhat.

I can get by with Depend Fit Flex (2 - 5 per day) during the day and use a diaper (NorthShore Air Premium) at night. This works well and I really have no complaints. A year ago I had surgery to replace a knee joint and I am disinclined to have a AUS implanted surgically.

Hi
Im 35 days post op from robotic surgery and drip like a leaking faucet. Doing my Kegals daily.
At night I'm up every hour to pee. During the day when I'm upright its pretty much freeflow.
Ive cut down on my fluids.
I havent seen much/any improvement. I guess it goes away gradually but it would be nice to see some progress.

I'm 45 days after surgery, seems like it has gotten worse. I'm basically using depends a day. I go to the doctor tomorrow i'm going to ask him about therapy.

Larry, sorry but a recuperation from robotic takes time. You need patience and do Kegel exercises or physiotherapy. Normally it will take 3 to 6 months to return to normality. I had a robotic in May 19 and until today I have incontinence but I think I am an exception.

My doctor's appointment is today at 4, going to make sure all the cancer is gone. I will update after i leave.