leakage after prostate cancer surgery

Hey guys thanks so much for sharing your story. I think maybe i'm trying to rush the process. It's a hassle having to go check my self after class. I go to the Doctor on the 22nd i'm going to ask him about therapy.

They do physical therapy, but I don't know if they do it this early after surgery, I know a guy that went through it, but it was close to a year after surgery. Keep up the kagles, walk, and give it about 6-8 weeks. When you think about it your body has been through a huge frame.

I walked about 1/2 3 times a day and added mileage as I felt better. I walk about 6-8 miles a day at work, I went back to week at the beginning of the 5th week.

Thank you for the information... Reading that sort of relieved a lot of stress and depression I was having..... I am on week 3, So I will see what week 4 has for me... Any advice on exercises... I read you said to walk.. I am doing the Kegels..... Also,, Do you think chewing snuff would upset the system ???

I'm on week 5. Like i said earlier I think I am trying to rush things. Over all I feel fine it's just the leaking that bothers me.

It's a slap in the face to your manhood, but you have to adapt and overcome. Don't accept it as your future, but know it's going to take time. I noticed progress every week almost to the day. My surgery was on Monday and after week 3 I started to see progress. Up until then I was feeling a little sorry for myself. Patients man!

Thank you... Thats the only thing I do not see is progress.... But my 3 week was yesterday... Maybe there will be some progress now..... Thanks again for the information... I do feel better now..

I actually helps strengthen the pelvic floor, it also helps your body get rid of some of the bloat and extra liquids or inflammation from your body.

Yea, catheter has probably only been out two week, even if you didnt have your Prostate removed long term chaheter use can cause incontinence for a while from what I've read. I also had numbness and didn't really start good eagles for the first 3-4 weeks.

Pelvic floor muscles, they hold the bladder up, right now they are weak and that's whats causes the leakage. Once you strengthen the muscle it supportsbtge bladder and keeps it from leaking

I just found this study:

Simple Method to Predict Return of Continence After Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy

All of you seem to do well. In my case, I had a prostatectomy in May 19 and until today I haave incontinence almost total. I use Tena Pants and Hollister products every day and I am tired. I do exercises etc etc but no improvement.