Laxatives

To jeffswet, while flaxseed and others like apple seeds and apricot seeds do contain cyonide, you don5 gotta worry one bit. The type of cyonide is not the same as the kind that kills you. Believe it or not, this type is special. It actually only reacts to cancer cells and tumors. Many many people, including me, take large amounts in powdered form. My colon cancer responded better from the flax and apricot seeds than chemo. It sounds like a conspiracy theory, but the us banned many seeds with this type of cyonide years ago after finding out that it fights and cures cancer in some cases. Do a bit of research and you will see it's true. So don't worry about it. But do be careful to eat seeds and such if you have diverticulitis or diverticulosis. The small seed particles can get trapped the the diverticuli pouches and get inflamed and infected.

Thanks for the update, particularly the bit about diverticulosis, as I come into this category. I am starting to wonder if my worsening constipation is something to do with Botox injections, but I can't find anything about this online? Thanks, Phil

Many people have ibs and never know it. It comes in two ways. Diarrhea and constipation.labeled IBS-D or C. These types can often switch suddenly or over time. It can be mild or very severe. Check into that if you think it might be your case. Also, laxatives can be gabbit forming for your bowels. So can anti diarrhea meds. Your guts start to rely on them and with laxatives, your guts can stop working altogether making it hard to or nearly impossible to go without help from a laxative or enema. And with enemas, if you hold the water in too long, your bowels will soak it up the dry out and make your stool dry. Dry stool is hard to pass and can cause micro tears or actual rips I the mucosal lining, with dry stool, consider a water and ky lube mix enema to lube the colon up. A bit off topic but good to know if you hit the extreme side of these conditions.

@Steven1980 thanks again. I have suffered with constipation dominated IBS most of my adult life, I have also suffered with OAB most of my adult life, although this was only confirmed with urodynamics about two years ago. Cheers Phil

@Steven1980 I think we all have plenty of typos. It is good to see you active on the forum again, cheers Phil