Just kind of curious

Thanks to MS for me, I just couldn’t hold it anymore. Basically urge incontinence by definition. Yourself how did yours start?

Spinal infection caused nerve damage to my bladder.I can't hold it long and I can't empty my bladder all the way so I have to self Cath.

Due to diabetic nerve damage and a stroke I'm totally urinary incontinent I can't hold a cup of watter

Mine started with bedwetting I thought was due to sleep apnea but it got worse. Am now 24/7, have been for last 11 years and drs can’t say why.

I drank lemonade.
I mean it! I was living Florida and depressed and hot and i started drinking a gallon of Publix lemonade a day instead of water. It eventually after 6 months plus it irritated my bladder as citrus does felt almost like a uti and a sudden urge.
I had a couple things that contributed, one was a fall that might have injured the nerves st the base of my spine but caused 24 hour lower back upper hip pain.

My incontinence is the result of an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old. I bled excessively after the surgery and developed what started our as a urinary tract infection and then spread throughout my body. I almost died. However, I eventually recovered except for the fact that my bladder control was permanently affected. I’ve never been dry at night since and daytime problems have varied over the years. There was a period of a number of years during which I could generally go without a daytime diaper. But then things worsened, and I’ve needed a diaper 24/7 for approximately the last 30 years.

I'm very sorry for you all it's hard to deal with incontinence being myself but I find it easier to be in diapers

Car accident. Mixture of head trauma and nerve damage to my abdominal area causes me not to receive the signals that tell me my bladder is full, and I can't control the sphincter to tell it to open. Top that off with the detruser muscle doesn't really fully clench anymore it just kinda spasms and barely closes.

Jwh51 said:
Thanks to MS for me, I just couldn’t hold it anymore. Basically urge incontinence by definition. Yourself how did yours start?
I started bedwetting at the age of 22 and my incontinence just got worse now I'm the problem and I have been dealing with is bowel incontinence

Inconinmiss said:
My incontinence is the result of an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old. I bled excessively after the surgery and developed what started our as a urinary tract infection and then spread throughout my body. I almost died. However, I eventually recovered except for the fact that my bladder control was permanently affected. I’ve never been dry at night since and daytime problems have varied over the years. There was a period of a number of years during which I could generally go without a daytime diaper. But then things worsened, and I’ve needed a diaper 24/7 for approximately the last 30 years.
I'm sorry to hear that buddy but that's basically what happened me at the age 22

Prostatectomy didn't really cause it (2003), but septic shock (Knee) sure did (2013). What's the connection? Darned if I know. Maybe was out longer (on total life support) on Cath too long? The Docs don't want to even guess. Check out this site - lots of "reasons". Been improving, some, since this year's brain cancer. Now what's the connection there?
Some can pinpoint it, others can't.
Hope we can help you to an answer.

AlasSouth said:
Prostatectomy didn't really cause it (2003), but septic shock (Knee) sure did (2013). What's the connection? Darned if I know. Maybe was out longer (on total life support) on Cath too long? The Docs don't want to even guess. Check out this site - lots of "reasons". Been improving, some, since this year's brain cancer. Now what's the connection there?
AlasSouth said:
well buddy I don't mind being in diapers as it helps prove my quality to live and go out and do things that I can instead of living the house I guess I'm just trying to be my own doctor and find out what's going on with my body

@Diaperedtman1988 I was born with a number of medical problems including a bladder that spasms when it feels like it and a lower bowel that simply doesn't work properly. I didn't start wearing protection 24/4 until prostate and bladder surgery 2 years ago. I know from various stays in hospital that there are people with a lot more to deal with than me, so on the whole I try to just get on with life.

I never stopped bedwetting completely, but it was down to once or twice a year. When I moved in with my partner and it eventually happened, it was not something they liked at all. We had a nice long talk about my bedwetting history. Then I had to start wearing diapers to bed. When I'd wake to go pee, I'd use the diaper rather than disturbing my partner. After awhile I started peeing in my sleep again. Over time heavier and more frequent.thucker diapers, and then turning the study into my bedwetters room , so I could go back to sleeping on plastic sheets.

I was in a motorcycle accident back in 2004 and this started my journey of incontinence. It has gotten progressively worse and have been wearing diapers for the last 15 years and like Phil said, there are others with much worse issues so I try to move on and live life as normal as I can but at times I still get depressed and need a little pick me up so don’t ever feel like your alone and can’t ask for help, that is why we are all here!!

Transurethal resection of bladder neck contracture w/lazer due to scar tissue in 2010. Use Cunningham Penile Incontinence clamp with Depend pad. Would not have had procedure if told total incontinence was possible.

i wonder if anyone can understand that the nature of my condition is something that i do not want and do hate living with even though it was brought about through self harm. being a self harmer is a terrible thing when one hurts one’s own self and cant stop it from happening and doesn’t even know why. and then to be incontinent both ways is like never ending self harm every day. this is a thing i’ve preferred to not talk about but here you are asking why. so i see it as an opportunity to say and a positive thing to further aid in my efforts to change the underlying problems that may be beginning to surface lately.