Its embarrassing

Archives1

Staff member
It's embarrassing that I'm a 45 year old man and I have day and night time wetting accidents along with over active bladder but one family member has tol me that wetting the bed is normal so I started doing something about it by trying adult size diapers by depend called maximum protection with tabs you can actually change without pulling your pants off just pull down and change the diaper I like them better than others I've tried and you can't really tell you are wearing them wearing them all the time I also wear them to work so don't be ashamed to wear.

Has anyone actually got some relief from a doctors treatment. I have tried several medications now, and none of them have helped a bit.

Now they want to put me on a new medication that is over 300.00 per prescription. When I asked if it was as strong as the last prescription, they said no, but it is different.

I think the straightest answer I received from a nurse practitioner was sometime there is nothing we can really do. An in my case I have two different types of incontinence, and she doubts that they can clear up both.

I am going to accept all parts of it and moving on.

Embarrassment is common among us. I tell myself that the medical folks who examine and treat us see this every day on the job. Still, I am embarrassed. I value my independence and modesty too much to accept this as normal.

My experience with medications for incontinence was that they were all side-effect, no cure. Diapers bring their own problems, including rashes, odor, and the necessity to map handicapped accessible restrooms. However, I have come to prefer them because of the independence they have given me.