Interstim

@Wade, good luck on Friday, don’t worry too much. For me, the trial period was the worst part of getting one, but only b/c it’s so awkward having a wire coming out of my back and having to wear what felt like a fanny pack 24hrs a day to hold the temporary stim unit. It was just awkward & s/w uncomfortable. On top of all this, I developed an abscess in my groin, same day as procedure for trial unit. It was a large abscess, and I had to have surgery to remove it before my doctor would do my next surgery to put in my stim unit. Anyone that’s ever had an abscess will tell you they are extremely painful, in fact it hurt so much, I felt little pain from surgery for the trial period. It was hell, hope to never have another abscess, especially in groin area beside my jewels.

Since were talking about the limitations of the device, how does having it impact going through TSA at the airport?

Stuart, no impact at all. You are provided with a medical card should it be necessary to show it, but we travel often and I’ve never had an issue because of my Interstim.