Anyone have a good experience with Interstim?

@stuart Thank you for the quick reply!

This does cause me some concern. (I am about a month away.)

In my case, the doctor is using a third party anesthesiologist company to administer some kind of sedation. I have experienced this approach during a dental surgery. I'll know more when they call me before the procedure.

Interstim:
Like I said earlier, I have had good results from this. However, it does take getting used to, and in my case I had to have a revision about 18 months later. In all fairness to Medtronic, the remote programer device that you carry can be loaded with any 4 of the 99 programs. You can switch between the 4 programs currently loaded yourself and also change the amplitude/power. The sales rep can modify each of the 99 programs to different frequencies too. So you can find what works for you.

In the USA Medicare requires us to do a trial before going through with the implant. The way that works is the doctor inserts a wire into the skin and tapes it down. The wire is connected to a device that is also taped to your skin. You wear it for a period of time and report back on how it is working. If you don't see any benefit from the test you don't qualify for the implant. If they don't set the device correctly you won't notice a benefit; if they do get it right you can proceed. So, you might want to ask your doctor if you can do a trial.

I didn't know about the trial so I will definetly ask my doctor about it.
It sounds like for the Rezum procedure you will be getting more pain relief than I got! I did not have a third party there to work the pain relief, so maybe they have learned from experience. You may have a much different/better experience than I had. It sounds like the glass if half-full for you!
Good Luck with that, and thanks for sharing your experience with Interstim!

I had Botox with no effect, same with medication - interstim has led to some improvement frequency much improved, but urgency still a big issue

Glad to hear of your positive experience. My general doctor has asked me to get a second opinion before going through with the interstim.

It took two consultants, three trials and two years to get it done - great it is fitted free in the UK, but lots of hoops to jump through

@John1967 I'm just starting investigating this, unfortunately it isn't offered at my hospital and my consultant is being very slow at giving me a referral somewhere else, Phil

My interstim has had some success - when it was fitted I was peeing very frequently in small amounts - basically peeing like a baby, and nappy was always wet.
After interstim I pee less often and in larger amounts - I suppose more like a toddler - I still wet my bed every night and urgency means I often wet myself during the day, however I know once I have peed then I can have a good hour or two with no accident risk - this has meant that for most of the tine my nappy is dry and if I go in holiday once I have wet , I can wear regular swim shorts knowing I will be dry for two hours at least

@John1967 John, thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear you are getting some improvement from the Interstim. I am starting to get the felling they are overpromising what the results will be for me. Do you find the interstim is very comfortable for you?