interstim

Archives1

Staff member
We're considering interstim for my daughter's neurogenic bladder. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of literature on interstim, specifically to treat neurogenic bladder. Has anyone with neurogenic bladder tried interstim? Any positive or negative experiences you can share? Thank you!

I had the the imterstim implanted about 2 weeks ago.It seems to be working pretty good.If you go to their website they have what they call their Ambassador program where you can sign it and patients that had the procedure done will call and you can talk about their experience with it and compare symptoms.I have neurogenic bladder myself so if you would like to ask me anything feel free to.Hope this helps

Wadebailey-Thanks, and I'm glad to hear things are going well so far. How much have your symptoms decreased? Do you find the device to be uncomfortable? If you prefer to answer privately, I'm happy to continue the conversation that way.

Risas my symptoms have decreased in a few different ways.First I'm not going as much.Second I don't have the sudden urges like before and third I'm emptying my bladder more.I was self cathing 4 times a day and now only two.I go back to my urologist in a couple weeks and I believe he will have me self cathing altogether.At first the implant area was a little sore from the incision but now I don't really notice it.I was told by a nurse that programed my controller you don't want to be able to feel the stimulation.If you can it's up to high and it will agravate the nerve.I hope this helps ask me any questions you may have and I will answer the best I can

@wadebailey thanks, this is very useful info, particularly for me as this is likely to be my next treatment option, thanks Phil

@wadebailey that's very kind of you. I will send you a few questions by PM when I get a chance, cheers Phil