Incontinence after HoLEP

Archives1

Staff member
77-year old male 4 months post-HoLEP. Doing Kegels. Mostly normal but frequent urination at night but incontinent all day.
Any others with similar problems?

Welcome leakyjim, you’ll find most of us here went through or is going through similar situation as you. It’s still too early to get results so Keep doing kegels. After 2 years of me doing them I had little success, so I resorted to getting AUS. That was a game changer for me. I don’t leak anymore but I wear a light pad primarily because I still can’t believe I don’t leak. One day I’ll get over that fear.
Good luck to you and remember the biggest battle is being cancer free.

Im 72 and had HOLEP a little over a year ago. I had occasional leaking for the first 6 months, but hardly ever since. Now, getting up maybe once a night. My biggest complaint has been not being able to feel when my bladder is full until shortly before needing to go. I have the feeling I might be leaking more if I had to wait longer. I do kegels every morning and what symptoms I've had seem to be getting better even a year later. I suggest you give it at least another 6 months before considering any more surgery.

Thanks guys.(No women get HoLEP as far as I know)
I'm pretty depressed about the incontinence. I'm also going to get two hernias fixed at the end of the month. They inguinal may have some effect on the incontinence.

So I was supposed to have urodynamic assessment last Tuesday but it was canceled because they found a bacterial bladder infection. E. coli. I’m asymptomatic. I don’t know how long I’ve had it. I haven’t had urinalysis since HoLEP. Could this cause some incontinence?