If anyone saw my introductory post, any advice would be appreciated.

Archives1

Staff member
I hate feeling like a little kid and sometimes I forget to go "just in case" and then it happens. I read online that doing that makes things worse. My doctor suggested I drink more water but I always feel like if I drink more water, I'm gonna pee on myself in public. I started drinking more but then I'm paranoid of leaking. It's a weird cycle. I did notice a month ago, I went to brunch for my best friend's birthday and threw up after drinking mimosas. I came home and wet my pajamas in my sleep. I think it was because I was dehydrated.

Ayam, you might consider setting an alarm to remind you to go to the bathroom at regular times. I have heard alcohol can increase incontinence, although maybe you were just sleeping harder than usual. It gives me peace of mind to protect my bed every night to avoid smells, etc. Good luck!

Do you all know if TSA can tell if I wear a bladder leak panty liner and could they tell if I'm leaking? What do I do if flight attendants are mean? I am really nervous about traveling next month. I wrote more about it in my introduction post if that helps.

Yes, TSA knows. Every time I travel and go through the scanner at the TSA checkpoint I get flagged. Even though I tell them of my issues they still have to do the embarrassing check. They check the front, the back, the crotch, the waist and even do a swab test.
I’m signing up for TSA PRE BOARD, this will allow me to go through the metal detector instead of the scanner, avoid all the embarrassments.

PS: Flight attendants don’t know if you’re leaking, so don’t worry about them. If my pad is full I just go to the bathroom and change it.

I'm just really scared because when I wake up, I have to go right away. It's already happened where I woke up from a nap and was started leaking and the flight attendant had to see if it was okay for me to get up because the seatbelt light was on. She was nice and let me go but I had already wet my underwear at that point. I don't have a card or anything to show because I was never diagnosed with incontinence. I don't want to get kicked off the plane. I don't wet the bed frequently but the fear is still there.

@Cay "Yes, TSA knows. Every time I travel and go through the scanner at the TSA checkpoint I get flagged. Even though I tell them of my issues they still have to do the embarrassing check. They check the front, the back, the crotch, the waist and even do a swab test.
I’m signing up for TSA PRE BOARD, this will allow me to go through the metal detector instead of the scanner, avoid all the embarrassments."

That sounds so invasive. Jeez

Yes it is. I even talked to one of the managers about it and all he said was they’re doing their jobs. At this point it doesn’t bother me anymore. Only if I’m running late to my flight.
From what I heard The TSA PRE CHECK will prevent the embarrassment.

@Cay I'll just put something on after I get through TSA. I don't want to get stopped and patted down like that.

I usually drink less when I'm getting in a car, bus, train, or plane but this is a 2 hour flight, 45 minute layover, and then a 6 hour flight. I'll be traveling from 2 am (US) to 12 pm overseas

I'm still figuring out how this site works. I posted under my Introductory post by mistake. Any help would be appreciated. I appreciate you all.

I put in another post but was wondering do any of the ladies deal with leaking when you wake up? Is that something I should tell a OBGYN or my primary doctor?

You could tell either your doctor or your GYN. You likely will be referred to a urologist. I have leaked when I awaken for years. I finally broke down and began wearing protection at night and protecting my bed. I could make it to the bathroom but I would leak the whole way.

My best friend spent the night and I had a nightmare about wetting myself on the airplane. (We're going on a trip next month) I think I was poking her and talking in my sleep. She woke me up and asked me if I had to go to the bathroom. It was 3 am. I had drunk some water around 12 am. I took a few minutes to wake up and I realized I was fidgeting in my sleep and holding myself. I made it to the bathroom but I was sad after that because although my friend is sweet, I think she would have been grossed out and annoyed if I peed on her. And everyone in my house would have known if I had to wash my sheets. I couldn't sleep for an hour after that and then woke up again at 6 to pee and haven't been back to sleep