Hoping for things to improve.

@christy4 Youre welcome!,we are here to help you.I have occasional bowel flare ups and from what I've tried the rearz insipre white diapers are comfortable and have worked really well to contain any kind of bowel movement plus the plastic backing is really soft. I Just recently started trying a new brand called xp5000 and have had good results, all these brands are overnight use and work really well for urinary incontinence also. They are fully refastenable and the tapes are strong. The xp 5000 has a hook and loop tape and is really easy to adjust.

Hi Christy,
You may be able to find a nice assortment of briefs at Goodwill or Salvation Army donation center thrift stores. To save money that has saved me a ton of money over the years when in a pinch.
Just a thought. It’s nice to be able to pay $5 for a bag of briefs that’s normally $20.
Hope this info helps.

HI Christy, I'll second what @jrpoorman says about the thrift stores. Goodwill and Salvation Army has some good ones and there may be a lot of independent thrift stores run by local churches and other charities where you live. It's always worth checking those places for really excellent bargains. Also some areas may have diaper banks where people donate diapers etc. for those in need and that may be a good resource as well. That option is more likely to be found in the larger metropolitan areas. As for brands, you may want to get a sample for Wellness which advertises a lot. I don't know how well they work but getting a sample is a good way to find out.

I will definitely look into that. Currently I use betterdry, its just I don't like that its kind of bulky. But its been doing its job well I guess. I suppose changing like 3-4 times a day because of the bowels is kinda hard on me, and its like I have to stop everything im doing. The bladder incontinence just makes it worse.

@christy4,
Hi Christy, have you tried the Northshore supremes yet? They may help with both and I know they have decent leak guards. Even have a few different colors. Thought that was kind of neat. A little less of a medical reminder I guess.

I have been where you are now. I eliminated the bowel problem by going back to an illyostomy. The urinary incontinence has become the bane of my existence. I too have tried a lot of different diapers, but the fact remains that they don't change the problem. I rarely go anywhere and just feel like I'm just existing.
I am in the process of deciding if I will go back to having nephrostomy tubes put back in. There are problems with those, but at least I will not be dealing with constantly peeing.
You are not alone, I and everyone in this group is here to listen and try to help.

@jrpoorman i have tried those but the betterdry seems to still be more absorbent. Although this was a few years ago.

@graphicedge i actually had a colostomy for a while when i was younger but i had a lot of medical complications and had to have it reversed, i basically am in briefs 24/7 and no matter how good they are i hate being in them i even hate to use the word diapers. Its so difficult some days and i just dont know how to accept it.

Point well taken. I know it’s annoying and frustrating for sure. I like the better drys too. At least they are comfy and do a good job.

I understand. I absolutely hate having to wear a diaper and being wet all the time. Its depressing. I wish I had better advice.

Yeah, just wetting constantly and out of nowhere i find that i had a bowel accident and just feel defeated, and this happens at least 3 to 4 times a day and it is like an emotional roller coaster in some ways.

You are right it can sure feel like too much at times. Some of the folks here have a daily bowel routine to minimize bowel accidents. May be worth talking to your Doctor about. They also make a thing that is an Anal insert, sort of like a tampon but it expands when inserted into your rectum to help prevent accidents. A couple folks here have posted about them and they seem to help some folks. May be a photo in the photo gallery.

@christy4 ,
Hang in there. Often times it’s just a matter of coming up with the best management strategy so things are better for us.