Help!!!!

Archives1

Staff member
Hey my name is Esther and am new here.And am hoping I could get as much help as there is from you guys including emotional support because from time to time I feel low and sometimes suicidal am in university and well I have this problem of bed wetting I really don't know if there's anything you cab help me with I'd greatly appreciate your support sometimes I won't even take a lot of fluids but when o wake up I find my bed is wet any sort of help you'd offer I'll really appreciate

Esther,

Congratulations for taking the step forward in reaching out to us through this forum.

We are first and foremost a support forum. Regardless of the challenge you are facing others on this forum have encountered the same issue and will tell you how they handled the issue. You may be unique but you are not alone in this journey.

Like all of us there is the physical dimension of your issue and the mental dimension. We can provide you moral support and encouragement on the mental side. Concurrently we can share our own experiences on how we handle the physical side.

You are not alone and welcome to our forum.

Greensleeves

Welcome Esther. There are many here who can share very good information that may prove to be a Godsend for you. I’m happy you found this group!

HI @Esther, I'm glad you're here on this forum!!! It seems that you made an effort to find us and that is an excellent first step! You will find lots of help here and one thing that's foremost is we all respect one another and there is no belittling of anyone here as that won't be tolerated!! Your opinion and experiences matter to everyone here.
I agree that incontinence (or any other physical ongoing issue) is a journey and you'll hear that a lot here. But please know there are plenty of others making the same journey and we share a lot of tips, ideas and insights.
You may stop in anytime when there's something on your mind, because as a forum, we're open 24/7/365!
Once again, welcome to our forum!!!

Welcome Esther to this brilliant forum.

Well done for reaching out, that takes a lot of courage. We are all here to help each other.

I recommend you get some form of waterproof protector for your mattress and invest in some decent protection to wear to sleep in. Sleep is so important for us and you don't want to be worrying you have wet the bed every five minutes you have been in the bed. There are so many pads out there on the market but you might want to choose a high waisted tabbed brief, (diaper) with some high waisted plastic pants. Forget how they might look on you and just focus on getting a good night sleep and waking up in a dry bed. I have recently tried Tykables Camelot diapers and they hold up to 7 litres so you should be well protected through the night, I've not met anyone yet who claim to be able to void 7 litres in one night.

Hope some of the above might help you and please reach out further if you need more help.

I agree with the above poster about getting waterproof mattress cover or pads. My second idea is be sure to stay hydrated before bed at least, as urine which is too concentrated can cause leaks interestingly. I have daytime incontinence mostly, but you are welcome to reach out to me if you need to vent. This forum can be very helpful, depending on who you speak to :)

Hello dear Esther, I empathize with you. The lack of control can feel terribly isolating but truly, as you can see from the responses here, you are not alone. There are things you can do to manage the situation (such as the pads and waterproof bed covers suggested by others) and you can get a proper diagnosis from a physician. There are a lot of causes of bedwetting and yours may have treatment options that can help. Please know that I will hold you in prayer that you will not let this define you but that you can shine. You are welcome in this community.

Know that you've helped others by sharing your story.
Also, if you haven't already seen a doctor, consider that.
And, for me it helps if I stop drinking any liquids 3-4 hours before going to bed.

Hi again @Esther, a lot of good suggestions here but I think seeing a doctor to determine if there is something causing the bedwetting is definitely in order. The cause may be something that can be fixed and also a urinalysis is something to consider as well, to see if there are underlying conditions.
But until you do see the doctor I agree that getting some kind of protection for your bed is paramount. Also wearing something like pull-ups or taped briefs will also be a great idea.
Please know that these conditions are common and happen to people a lot more than you realize. I don't buy the old school of thought that "you're too old for this" one bit! That's utter nonsense! If you're old enough to have a urinary tract, then things can happen to it just like with any other system in your body with no minimum or maximum age.
But please know there are options open to you so you can live a full and satisfying life. This is just an obstacle you're facing but it can be overcome. And you're reaching out to us is an excellent start!
You may feel overwhelmed but everyone here has been there and you know you have a place where you can get support and empathy.

First, Esther, you're in university which shows me that you are smart and have a bright future. Second, you joined and reached out to this group. Another sign of intelligence. Keep us apprised of how things are progressing. Yes, progress may be slow, but once your situation improves you'll have a lot more appreciation for how your fellow humans care about your well-being. In the meantime, educate yourself by seeing a urologist who can help you learn more about your condition.

With sincerity, I'm bigskyline here in the USA, and like everyone in this forum, I care about you.