Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

You're absolutely correct I am thankful for all the community efforts that go into putting such a wonderful dinner for the community I may live alone with my dog but I certainly didn't have to spend Thanksgiving alone this is the fourth year I took part in the meat at the La Crosse Center of course last year they didn't have the get-together due to covid they still had the dinner but it was for delivery and carryout only I had 5 meals delivered and had 2 neighbors in m place for Thanksgiving dinner I used the extra 2 meals as leftovers and about 12 years ago when I was new to the area I took part in the community dinner today I took 2 carryout meals with me one I gave to the van driver since he was stuck working on Thanksgiving

billliveshere said:
And @DPCARE, it seems like you have a very public-spirited community for you to be thankful for as well! With 5,000 meals (and I get tired fixing just one meal for me!!!) and an army of volunteers who pitch in and give their all to guarantee a meal to all who want and need one is no small accomplishment!!!
With a local bakery cooking the turkeys and high school students baking pumpkin pies as a school project, and schoolchildren who design and make the placemats, those are just some of the pieces that fit into a giant puzzle that gives you a community to really be thankful for!!!😊😊😊😊
A big "well done!!!" for LaCrosse!!!!
20f5f80006740b9495d5972949117dc8.jpg

I stand corrected I had stated they serve about 5,000 meals I was mistaken I was just looking at their website and the figure they show is 3,000 meals either way it's still a big effort to serve 3,000 meals and I am thankful for it all

Hi DPCare, Kole is beautiful! I'm glad you had the opportunity to join a community event like this. I hope your whole day went well. Happy Thanksgiving!

And I have a hard enough time just putting together a regular every day dinner for me!!!!
@DPCARE, that was really cool of😊😊😊 you to give your van driver a meal!!! I'm sure he really appreciated that! As a I say, it sounds like LaCrosse is a very public-spirited community with everyone helping each other out. Can't get much better than that!!

RE: eating regular meals alone: I can’t stand it. I usually just don’t. It’s a shame, because I’m an excellent cook. But I don’t like cooking for just one.