Emsella

Yes, Ive been using the Kegel Tens machine for about 2 weeks and I’ve noticed some improvement in my incontinence. I had RP 2 months ago and have been doing Kegels 3 times a day and now adding in the Tens and the improvement has been slow but very gradual which is what I was expecting. I’m dry at night and when sitting. Some leakage when I’m active during the day but manageable. Interesting I’m relatively dry when cycling. The Tens machine is about £70 which has been a good buy for me anyway.

It’s the TensCare Perfect PFE for Men and retails in the UK for about £70. The electrodes attach to a probe which is inserted into the rectum. Sounds bad I know but you get used to it, just follow the instructions. I use it once every couple of days for 20 mins.

Leonghitis said:
I just completed 7 sessions with the emsella chair. I started using it 6 months after my RP and with incontinence of 4 to 5 diapers per day. I still have some incontinence but I am down to 2 diapers per day. More accurately, 20 to 40 ml per day, calculating by weighting the diapers with a small scale.
It is expensive and out of pocket cost me $2k.
It helped but not totally.
I am interested in the tens kegel device.
Anybody has use it?
Sounds like the Emsella chair may have helped but your progression could have just been your natural healing over that time period. No way to really know. My urologist seemed to think it was more effective on RP patients that are down to 1-2 pads per day and have plateaued in their improvement. He said those types of patients are often able to be totally dry post treatment.

Hey guys… today I had my consultation with EuroSpot which is Emsella in Canada and signed up for the treatment to start May 30 which will be 6 months after my RP.
I can’t help but wonder if I need it since the leaking has dramatically improved lately but I figured… whatever heck… anything to stop it!
Tired of worrying about the leaking and since I am not circumcised I keep getting infections on the tip of the penis and I have to use Penaten on the tip….. hope I can stop that soon!!!! Will keep you guys posted!.

Some private Insurances will cover a very small portion of it but I will be out of pocket around 2,000 Canadian which is approximately 1450 usd!

Well my sessions were due to start May 30 but they will not start until they get the ok from my urologist that I can handle the treatment… which I can… but treatment has been postponed to July!
However, things have gotten so much better… I am down to 1 pad a day and thinking of using the mild ones now. So I am actually thinking of postponing for a few months to see if things keep improving for me!
Will let you all know what the end result is for me!3