Depend Defense Night Pull Up

Archives1

Staff member
Anyone had any experience using these? I am getting some today in order to try. Normally order Seni Underwear but I'm running out and I can't wait for my regular order. Also, trying to find a product that is less expensive but still effective. Does anyone have any suggestions on pull up diapers or other for side sleepers at night. How many or how much wetting will the Night Defense pull ups take.

I tried a pack. For me they was ok for daytime use, better than fitflex or realfit. Didnt work for me while sleeping, not even close. I do like that they look like more like normal underwear than most other pullups.

@mhart82 : I can't image a pull-up, Depends Night Defense or not, keeping someone who is a side sleeper dry through the night unless you are having just a few tiny leaks. I would suggest adding one or two folded cotton wash cloths (I use WalMart Flour Sack Towels) to the pull-up. They will quickly absorb urine and then slowly distribute it to the pull-up. In the morning just rinse them out, hang to dry, and put them in the regular wash.

I use a combination similar to this every night but always with a regular tape-up diaper and I have had virtually no leaks even though I'm a side sleeper too. I have had to do this with a super premium pull-up (Abena Abri-flex or Molicare Mobile) a few times and it worked OK too.

What product works best for side sleepers? I can't get briefs on myself very well and I don't have anyone to help me with a brief, so that is the reason I use pull up diapers.

I would say old fashioned nappies with plastic pants but today you can get high waisted pull up cloth diapers and the same with high waisted plastic pants. Buy one set to try and then if it is successful, buy several sets so you have a clean, dry set every night.

I am using the Depend Night Defense as my first pullup at night. The night defense has held about 16 ounce of liquid for me using size Large.

I am a side sleeper. I am 5 weeks post Prostatectomy. My first void of the night is about 3 hours after I sleep. It wakes me up and I am able to finish in the bathroom. The Depend Night Defense has an added absorbent pad that helps distribute the liquid. The last couple of nights, I have not needed to change out the pullup because I was able to make it to the bathroom to finish releasing. I usually get up 3 times to pee.

I have the same positive results with Depend Night Defense pull-ups as does Thudson1965. They work great for me because I wake up at least 5-6 times to pee, so I don’t always have a full void in the Depend. On the rare occasion when I don’t wake up to pee, like last night when I actually got six hours of consecutive sleep, my Depend was super full and I had a damp spot on my bed pad, but not a major bedwetting. I’m a fan of Depends because they’re less bulky than other diapers, look slightly more like underwear, and are available at every grocery store, big box store, and pharmacy. There are coupons for $2-$3 off Depend every week in the newspaper/mail. I shop at the local Kroger chain (Smith’s here), and on their digital app, they constantly provide either a $2 or a $3 off coupon that links automatically to my phone number at check-out.

I have used both the Night Defense and the Real Fit pull-ups. I agree with other posters, the Night Defense has a little more capacity than the Real Fit or the Fit-Flex. The challenge for all pull-ups is that the padding is all in crotch. They all have stretch sides without padding. Pull-ups work best for sitting and standing. They can meet the needs of a prone person if the voids are small or the person wakes up and is able to get to the toilet and the pull-up simply catches the first small amount. The Night Defense hasn't been widely available in retail stores. I believe that Target is stocking them in some locations.

I have seen them at Publix, a major supermarket chain here in the southeast and also at Wal-Mart. So they are pretty much available anywhere.

I use a tape tab diaper and it works good for me. I thought depends diaper/pull up where the worst thing on market today. I saw few post saying that. I just don't understand why now there great??? There is a place online called ll medico diapers and they are cheaper.

I don't think we can get these here in the UK. I searched the internet and came up with a couple of sites which were selling them for £85 for 2 packs. That's far too expensive for me.

mhart82 said:
Anyone had any experience using these? I am getting some today in order to try. Normally order Seni Underwear but I'm running out and I can't wait for my regular order. Also, trying to find a product that is less expensive but still effective. Does anyone have any suggestions on pull up diapers or other for side sleepers at night. How many or how much wetting will the Night Defense pull ups take.
I am a side sleeper and before making the switch to BetterDry, I used to use an abenaM4 with a kins clear plastic diaper cover and the combination would work great, no leaks on bed.

Can anyone help me understand why depends diaper are a good thing now??? I have seen on other post that depends are the worst diaper from other people. I found that tape on diaper is the best, that's what I think.

@MRjw48 Hello. Depends in my honest opinion are good for light incontinence. In my case, I'd recommend at least abena brand or BetterDry, these are many times more absorbent and won't have to worry about leaks, hope this helps.

Yes it does somewhat, the way people talk about depends and other products on here is confusing to me. As for me full diaper work great for me. I use diaper from north shore diaper and better dry every now and then. I don't want to hurt anyone feeling on what diapers to use. I am glad that depends work for you. I'm sorry if I afended anyone.

@MRjw48 I'm glad it helped, I understand you completely. I have to wear 24/7 due my moderate to severe urinary incontinence and personally prefer the BetterDry brand. The first time I tried a depends diaper I had horrible results, the next day my bedding was wet and I searched the internet for a better product. Over the years Ive gotten good experience with the different diaper brands and I know which ones work in work in real life. Ive also gotten to know their weakneses and positive things. The people in this forum are very kind and helpful and I want to be a contributing member and help anyone here that may have a question or needs support.

The Depends Defense Pull Up seems to work for me so far. Not as bulky and I feel like it can hold alot.I don't seem to have the diaper bulge like I felt I have had with other pull ups.