Deep leg pain???

Archives1

Staff member
I have had excruciating leg pains for days now. Talked to the call scheduler about it when I got my covid-19 test appointment and explained that this is not normal for me. If I keep them elevated it's not as bad but it's like shin splints only in another part of my legs and nothing is helping.

Could it be a deep vein thrombosis? WYou should ask them to check for a blood clot in the leg. Is there any hardness or swelling in your leg?

Have you been examined/diagnosed with neuropathy? I have to wear compression socks. And still get nerve pain on occasion - or get it after the socks are off and I'm in bed.
Two meds help me at flare-up time: Rx version of Diclofenac Gel (Voltarin) and Gabapentin. For times when that isn't enough - can't sleep - CBD has helped. That last is controversial. I use the no-THC versions. It's also more individual in that it hasn't been through the FDA testing system and effect varies more than some drugs - doesn't seem to help some people. Haven't heard of bad side effects, but there may be some.
It's at least worth a visit to regular Dr. and getting a referral to a Neurologist, I think.
Some Doctors really get upset about CBD, some say "if t works for you".

This is very concerning I agree on Emily should be checked out. Ive no heard of as a Covid side effect but my covid stricken very healthy brothe says he is having stiff and aching lower back pain and hip
Darn it Floridaguy,this sux.

Need to have it checked ASAP. Sn ultra sound, or vein-o-gram (I think that's it), will detect if you have any blood clots in your legs. If they move, it could be fatal if they go to your heart or lungs. I had clots in my legs several times from falling many years ago. Was put on blood thinners which helped tremendously.

Hi FlGuy, Please get this checked out immediately if not sooner!! Everybody here knows what he or she is talking about!

FLGuy: Hospital sounds right to me. Now that artiejr reminds me, I had blood clot in leg, swelling big time, pain. My original blood thinner (anti-coagulant) had to be replaced with a much newer version, and it did the job. Am still on it 6-8 months later.
Just because a stroke isn't fatal, doesn't mean you want half of your body paralized. Nursing homes suck, too.

I am on a blood thinner called xarelto. Very expensive, several hundred dollars a month. One good thing is that no routine blood work, as coumadin required blood work to determine clotting time. I was on coumadin years ago and had a difficult time finding the right dose.

Pradaxa, now Elequis. Never understood the Insurance company. They bitch about the cost of non-coumadin meds, wanted me to go to coumadin (Wafarin, which we used on farm to kill rats.). But when you add the every-6-weeks (or is it every 2?) doctors' visit and labs and maybe a return visit, I'll bet it ends up more expensive. Insulin is more expensive and the profit margin on Insulin is obscene.

I am on insulin also, the pens. Two different kinds, humalog and levimere. MY COST, what I paid was over 2000.00 with insurance for the year.