constant urge

@biliveshare-you are absolutely correct. I was not drinking enough water and I have two kidney stones in my right kidney that one day they are going to have to come out. I keep getting urinary tract infections along with a little blood in my urine. I am guessing it is all from the stones and eating too much protein and not drinking enough water so I wouldn't wet my pants. Better now I wore some pads and wet my pants.

Hi @rosieb. Sorry to hear that your OAB suddenly got worse this year.

I just noticed this thread and I was blown away by the amazing number of helpful reponses! This thread really shows how positive and supportive the nafc community can be.

I doubt I can add anything helpful. The sudden change from mild OAB to a constant urge does sound suspiciously like a UTI - but surely your doctor has checked for that?

There are medications that can help with OAB if bladder re-training doesn't work (though watch out for side effects which can be worse than the original problem); and then there's botox if you can face the risk of having to self-catheterise every few hours (that was too much of a risk for me).

But most of all you need and deserve to be referred to the continence service for a full assessment. I hope this happens for you soon.

Standing up against a wall or door works best for my tape on daytime diapers. Laying in bed works best for my overnight pin on cloth diapers.

Hi @BarbaraDrabek, I think keeping hydrated is the answer here!!! And there's going to be a tradeoff involved here!! I would think that tying to avoid drinking water would aggravate kidney stones and ultimately be even harder to get rid of them. And more water may also keep the UTIs in check as well. And I can understand that you don't want to pee a lot more, risking wetting accidents because you're drinking more water. Sure, that's a no-brainer! But the tradeoff (here it comes!)is to wear more protection. I think it's probably best to take care of your body first, that's the first priority and then "dress more for the occasion," as it were!!!