Constance dribbling

Archives1

Staff member
Hello, I’m a 51-year-old male that is experiencing constant dribbling throughout the day. Literally everyone to five minutes a small amount of drippings. Does anyone have a similar condition that is so chronic?

PS I’m so glad I found a support group

@mustangmike1971 I have OAB with little squirts that happen suddenly before I can get to the bathroom. And sometimes it does get bad where I think I was able to control a sudden urge and actually don't know I am going until I feel wetness somewhere. Medication has helped in the past and is starting to fade its results. Some time I have good control and others not so good. What has you doctor said?

For dribbling, I would use a pull-up with a light pad and insert a liner. Hold that up with a Fruit of the Loom (or similar) cotton undie. I had a prostatectomy in 2008(august)(14 years ago). My surgeon apparently spared no nerves. Coat skin exposed to urine with Vaseline, morning/evening to prevent itching. When Vaseline dries, the itching will return. Coat again or as often as needed.

I am 44 and had some small leakage during the day for several years. Recently I finally went to a urologist and after a few tests diagnosed me with OAB and urge incontinence.
He put me on a med and just recently started noticing a slight decline in frequency and the sudden urge feeling.
You are not alone and if you haven’t already go see a urologist. I was so nervous to do so for a long time but glad I did, they made my 1st appt way easier than expected.

PS: DanCarr - For dribbling
DEFINITELY practice Kegel exercises. Look up Michelle Kenway on YouTube. She is a physical therapist. Excellent.

I've the same condition as Itguy2928 - difference is that I'm 62 and not 44. For me one reason are side effects of a bundle of meds I have to take permanent since two years after a heart stroke/surgery to calm down heart beat and blood pressure. I refused to add further meds to reduce the urge with additional side effects (agreed by my doc) as I have no issues with wearing protection to handle my IC

I have had this for over ten years now. I drip and dribble all the time and once asleep my bladder empties at will. I wear nappies 24/7 Mine is caused by diabetic nerve damage. If I had't got checked out by the doc I wouldnt have known I was diabetic as I had no other symptoms apart fron impotence and incontinence.

@Steve, I have had bedwetting issues slowly return from childhood the last couple years. I am also diabetic and my urologist mentioned I may have the same thing as you regarding nerve damage from it. I go back in about 6 weeks so see what if anything else they say can do about it. Last time they told me to not drink anything past 6pm. We don’t even eat dinner till 6 pm so that has been hard.
The med he put me on recently has helped my OAB and daytime urges some but I still wet at night probably 3 times a week. My wife bought me some depend pull-ups last year to keep the bed dry but they never worked for me and wasn’t long before I ended up wearing a tape on diaper at night. I mostly sleep on my stomach and it’s the only thing that will contain the wetness.
Gladly during the day I can get by with 1 or 2 Tena men’s pads.

They couldn't do any thing for my incontinence. I tried pull us they didn't work at night. I sleep in tena maxi slips and plastic pants.

I have a similar issue with a constant but very light drip. Sometimes it's more and I can't trace the root cause. I've tried no caffeine or soda and only water.

My urologist has had me try flowmax for BPH and OAB but I didn't like the side effects. I'm not ready for surgery and my doctor agrees.

I have days that one pad is sufficient and others that I wear a pullup. Pullups are easiest for me for everyday use and no worries if things are light or more moderate. My significant other doesn't like them so I try to accommodate. I also get tired of wearing them after a few days. Occasionally I will just wear regular underwear and within an hour that damp feeling is there, overnight I'll have skin irritation. Training pants work well for me at night and are very comfortable too.

AUG168 said:
My significant other doesn't like them so I try to accommodate. I also get tired of wearing them after a few days. Occasionally I will just wear regular underwear and within an hour that damp feeling is there, overnight I'll have skin irritation. Training pants work well for me at night and are very comfortable too.

My IC started with dribbling, later on also urge IC came up. At the beginning I also still used regular underwear, and the constant damp feeling - connected with beginning skin irritation - was a nightmare. After opening up to my wife (and going through medical examination) I switched from underwear to pull-ups and it was amazing that the constantly damp feeling was away - good products saturate everything and keep your skin more or less completely dry and are very comfortable! I would have never gone back to regular underwear (and my wife fully understood and had no issues with my wearing). Later on as my urge IC came on top I switched to more absorbent products, but that's another story...
My wife would never push me to go back to underwear just for fashion reason or because she wouldn't like my protection - she always encouraged me to try things out and find which works best for me and with which products I feel most comfortable for managing my IC properly.