Compression shorts?

Archives1

Staff member
I was doing some reading online and someone suggested compression shorts for keeping a diaper, well compressed. Athletes apparently use these a lot. Probably not for the reasons I’m asking about though. Haha😎 I’m wondering if anyone has ever used this method? If so, comfort level, actual help in discretion, and etc? I have a pretty good system down but more discretion would be better. Thanks

@soyeahandthat I have tried this and felt more secure and more comfortable changing at the gym. However, I got too hot and so I didn't carry on. I also found that compressing the absorbent material in the middle caused more leaks around the edges. It is probably best for you to try for yourself, Phil

When out in public, I wear Abriflex “fitting pants” over my diaper and it helps keep the whole affair in-place and from sagging. Fitting pants are similar to compression shorts although designed with a bit more of an aim towardsfutting over diapers abs plastic pants.

Womens under garments in this line from bsthing suits to compressing u derwesr girdles spanx etc we always buy at least one size larger than your normal size ie if you wear medium buy large

There are "mesh pants" available advertised to keep pads in place but I don't see why they wouldn't work for other products. I have also seen a jock strap type of gizmo also designed to hold a pad in place.

I have no personal experience with either.

@soyeahandthat do you have specific concerns? Perhaps you need to find a better fitting product.

@soyeahandthat

When I wear the Real Fits I wear some sports boxerbreifs over them like Under Armour. Not full on competition compression shorts, just some snug fit bbs. Helps to hold the pull-up in place, cuts down on any 'crinkle' noise made when moving and if my shirt lifts the waistband of my underwear might show, not the pull-ups.

I use compression shorts over diapers because I have yet to find a diaper that does not need help staying up. This is a bit hotter in the summer, but I just deal with it.

I use the sports type and it not only keeps everything in place, but helps smooth out the bulges a little and helps reduce any plastic noise.

I have some Under Armor compression shorts and some Franklin compression shorts. Franklin is cheaper by half and work fine.

I tried compression shorts, but found them to be very hot, even during the winter. However, they do keep the diapers in place pretty well.
Since I have developed my own way: dipaers, over them vynil or PUL plastic pants to keep any leak that might occur. Over the plastic pants I use Tena Fix net pants and finally on top regular boxer briefs. This setup keeps everything in place. In case of extended use, the plastic pants keep the minor leaks from my trousers. The Tena and the boxers together ensure nice fitting of the diaper over extended use too.

Petya217 said:
I tried compression shorts, but found them to be very hot, even during the winter. However, they do keep the diapers in place pretty well.
Since I have developed my own way: dipaers, over them vynil or PUL plastic pants to keep any leak that might occur. Over the plastic pants I use Tena Fix net pants and finally on top regular boxer briefs. This setup keeps everything in place. In case of extended use, the plastic pants keep the minor leaks from my trousers. The Tena and the boxers together ensure nice fitting of the diaper over extended use too.
Now that sounds like it would be hot! When I have to do the PUL pants I get very sweaty.

Squander said:
Now that sounds like it would be hot! When I have to do the PUL pants I get very sweaty.
Yeah, it is a bit hot for sure, however, not nearly as bad as with compression shorts. It is nothing than could not be put up with. And honestly, I rather deal with a bit hotter underwear setup than constant fear of leaks. But I believe, it is different for everyone: what feels comfortable, what counts as too hot and what provides the peace of mind you need. You have to balance in the triangle of this to find your own fit. You have to experiment with different setups, unfortunately, there is not a one size fits all solution.

@Petya217 you are so right, there isn't a one size fits all approach to dealing with leaks. It is good that you have found a system that works for you. Unfortunately, I'm a hot and sweaty chap and get uncomfortable in just the diapers, let alone another layer on top. Thanks for sharing your routine, cheers Phil

physlink said:
@Petya217 you are so right, there isn't a one size fits all approach to dealing with leaks. It is good that you have found a system that works for you. Unfortunately, I'm a hot and sweaty chap and get uncomfortable in just the diapers, let alone another layer on top. Thanks for sharing your routine, cheers Phil
Keep experimenting. You'll eventually find a way that'll work for you. Just don't give up!