Birthday/Christmas presents.

Archives1

Staff member
Did anyone get plastic pants and/or diapers as a birthday or Christmas gift. I never did, but I heard some people did. I think this is like a slap in the face. You know you bedwet, but you probably don't want to be reminded by it. Only my family knew i was a bedwetter, as my doctor did also. Tried numerous medications, didn't work. Continued to bedwet til about 18. Had a very brief reprieve from bedwetting, about 2 months. Off and on for several years,only to return fully in the mid 80s. Still wetting nightly to this day. Just turned 70 last week. Even wet the bed when i was hospitalized 3 times in the past year. Use diapers and plastic pants to manage issues.

I also don't think that diaper's or pants are a god gift.I last wet the bed at 13yrs then dry for several yrs then after my 2nd marriage in late 50's started wetting all over again.I have continued to wet the bed up to this day.Good luck 80+.

sometimes it's happened to me and the excuse has usually been something like.. but we didn't know what you'd use. we didn't know what you'd like and we didn't want to buy something you wouldn't use (which has happened before)

when I was younger, I used to have someone constantly buy me a cd of a singer I didn't like- and when I told her, she'd just buy me the same next year (not just the same singer, the same cd)
I also had someone buy me 1 year a perfume that smelled of wet puppy. god knows why, I think I was more concerned with the fact that a wet puppy perfume was out their to start with

unless you are an extreme dog lover, but even still..

Sounds more like a punishment than anything else! No, can't say I ever did.

My mum paid for some supplies when I was broke last year due to all the costs of moving house and we joked about her getting me a present but yeah, never.

I suppose my dad in effect pays for my supplies as he gives me some cash to help out with stuff which covers the monthly cost of nappies.

You best "Let It Go"...whoever did that is stupid, insensitive, or terribly mean. You cannot fix them. And you need to not waste your time thinking about it.

If you know certain people are going to be buying you a gift every bday, let them know you have a wish list on Amazon, Target,or Walmart, where they can look it up online or ask you for a copy of your wish list. Make it as easy as you can for them to do the right thing! And have fun picking out your potential presents!

Hi @Etowah, I hadn't thought of making a wish list where people can look up your list so it's easy for someone to know what gift would be the right one to get for you! That's a good idea! And I like your thought of having fun picking out potential presents for you!

@emily91 I am so sorry you have had such awful experiences with presents.

It would surely be better to get you nothing at all than to gift you the aroma of wet puppy!

I hope you have better friends nowadays and can look forward to better gifts!

Hi Emily, that is really strange that someone would keep buying you the same CD over and over especially of a singer you don't like!!!
That sounds like someone has a very warped and strange sense of humor (not to mention a sense of friendship) indeed!
And wet puppy perfume???? Even if it's a whimsical brand name for a new (but legit) kind of perfume that's still pushing it a bit!! But a lot of wines these days have equally whimsical names. Aldi markets, a low-cost no-frills chain has wine called Winking Owl!! So wet puppies and winking owls?? What a combination!
But I agree with @Phil6003 that it's probably better to get nothing at all than an insincere gift like Wet Puppy Perfume!!!!

thanks phil.

like I said before: I'm pretty shocked that their's enough of an interest to stock that in the first place.

not the most calming of scents..