Best breif for bowel incontinence

Archives1

Staff member
Hi everyone,
just wondering,
these few days i've noticed that bowel accidents really easily spread with the dry 24/7. and almost to the front and i'm really worried about a uti or something. I mean at home it's fine since I can change asap, but when i'm out and a bathroom is some distance away or i'm on my way home i'm really anxious.
Just wondering if this is normal because in the past i was more used to the brief having enough space for the accident. Sorry for how detailed i might have got and i don't really like thinking about it either but i just wanna avoid any type of infection.
thanks,
andy

Let us know what you find out, I have a colonoscopy coming up early next month & I need protection.

I have tried the tabbed briefs, but I can never seem to get them on tight enough, which is funny because that seems to be their advntage, but pull ups have been better for me so far. I don't often have bowel issues, just during colonoscopy prep, but during that it gets bad, so I hope you find some good solutions.

I have daily issues with bowel, I don't know about others but almost every diaper end ups front waistline to back waistline and sometimes into the wings with the spread (I have IBS-D). I had a sphincterotomy and just drain for bladder now, never had an infection, I would not worry about pone unless it becomes an issue or you have a bladder condition that makes your more prone to them? I have yet to find a diaper that just holds everything in the rear area. If it waste does not go front to back, I find it goes out the sides. I will say the wider diapers like the mega max and others are better for keeping more in the middle. I love Abena and otehrs but they are narrow and tend to channel front to rear. Dry 24/7 is a little more narrow than some others. I also wear bloomer plastic pants, they are leak and blowout proof, maybe try these and then the diaper does not matter as much. Good luck.

@totalinco fortunately my own IBS problems are more to do with constipation. If I get the laxatives wrong then I can get the issues you mention. Worst I find is while in bed as I may not wake up straight away. For this reason, like you, I wear protective pants over the top of the tena slips I use. I do sympathise with you having to deal with this every day, Phil

@physlink Ditto, I've had lifelong constipation issues though I've never had it diagnosed as IBS. Then (like today) I have bouts of diarrhea. Today's issue was probably caused by too much laxatives/stool softeners trying to fix the 1st problem which hs gotten much worse lately.

Anyone know if Lasix can cause constipation?

I use mega max,just had a colonoscopy and during the prep I used the mega max. High in front and back,had to change a couple of times but never had a leak problem.

Colonoscopy 7/2, two days of prep before, oh joy. I was worried though I have Minnesota Twins tickets for 7/6 I thought for a while I'd be doing the prep at the game.

Now that would be crappy!

@Squander good luck with the colonoscopy. I elected to not have sedation for my last one, that was a mistake. Are you having sedation or being brave? Phil

physlink said:
@Squander good luck with the colonoscopy. I elected to not have sedation for my last one, that was a mistake. Are you having sedation or being brave? Phil
They don't give me a choice, out I go. I hope this helps them to figure out what is going on with me.

Squander said:
Colonoscopy 7/2, two days of prep before, oh joy. I was worried though I have Minnesota Twins tickets for 7/6 I thought for a while I'd be doing the prep at the game.

Now that would be crappy!
2800lbs