Bedwetting

Archives1

Staff member
Hi I don’t actually know if anyone understands the word pain but bed wetting is what I battle with since I was born am 20now
Pls I need someone to come to my aid
Life is really miserable
I can’t go to college
Am stuck please sometimes I really feel like I could get something that can prevent urinating at all please help

Hi and welcome to this forum. First, you should know that you are not alone, and this issue is very common. I realize you are seeing yourself as being in a corner, and I wish there were adequate words to make things better for you. Unfortunately, acceptance of this problem, as temporary as it may be, is sometimes a slow process. Some things you should know- if you use protective absorbant products, that will make your life immediately easier, and the problem more tolerable. You mentioned only bedwetting- (lucky you) but I'll mention this next thing anyway: just about everyone who has to deal with this problem during their waking hours worries about people being able to tell that you are wearing extra padding, but that is generally never the case. As many here will tell you, no one really cares what kind of underwear you have on. The reason I mentioned that is because I think the fear comes out of childhood memories when teasing for that kind of thing took place in grades 5, 6, 7 and maybe 8. However, people are growing up during these years- apparently at about the age of 13, most kids have started to develop compassion for others. All of this to say, 'Yes, you can go to college.' If you are having difficulties coming to terms with this problem and wish to wait a year before going off to school, that may be something to consider, but don't rule out post-secondary schooling. If you decide to delay the onset of further education, perhaps working for a year or two will put you in a better position financially to pay for school. I would urge you to seek counselling, and medical attention for this issue.
I wish you well, and I hope you will share your journey with us. Don't despair, and don't give up! Many people do outgrow bedwetting, and you will probably be one of them.

If you are concerned about bedwetting in college, fear not. Contact the college admissions office, student housing office and student health department. I can assure you that they have dealt with this issue more times than you can count. You aren't the only college student that has this issue. I had it in college and most of my adult life. It is just a minor inconvenience. I wear diapers and plastic pants at night, and sometimes during the day when I know I won't have readily access to a bathroom.

You can still go to college I did myself just talk to them before you start they have heard of this problem many times before and you will find they are a big help also see your doctor about it too as there's a few meds you can take which can help you with bed wetting

@Babssimon oh, I really feel for you on this one. You absolutely can go to college but you need to work out a discrete system to get through the night without wet sheets and consider contacting potential accommodation providers to see how they might be able to assist, I.e having your own room or own room + ensuite, pairing your with someone else who has the same issue if you have to share, etc. You are more than your bedwetting and deserve to live a full and happy life.

@Babssimon If you wear diapers with pads in them, you won’t wet the bed very often. There are so many kinds to choose from. Most people in other countries can get them for free.

Have you tried sleeping sitting up? It’s not really good for you but recently I’ve been so exhausted that I keep falling asleep before I lay down, and I haven’t had one wetting. There is another woman here on the forum who always sleeps sitting up for the same reason. But it’s bad for your spine to never get a break.

Babs.....,
As stated above, you have lots of company so pls commit to not letting this issue control your life as most are able to do. If you are of the female gender, two thoughts to reduce nighttime leakage for you: sleep on your back as much as possible and let gravity help out. Second, reduce hydration after mid-afternoon and consciously rehydrate starting early the next day.

If you are of the male variety, impeding leakage offers the best outcome, without a doubt. An engineer partner and I have a patent-pending product, five years in development, that should offer you a reason for great optimism. Our development research is on-going, however, and so we are now seeking a final test group before we attempt to license our product that is worn externally. If you would like more info, pls do let me know. Your condition can be substantially diminished. (As a day leaker, as well, I wear my aid 23 hours per day.) Fynlee amhelp@comcast.net

@Babssimon Remember that reducing your daily liquid intake includes soup, yogurt, ice cream, etc. - anything runny. Try not consume anything liquid after 6:00 p.m./18:00 hours. Cut your overall daily liquid intake by half. I cut mine by 3/4 from before incontinence. Also, NO ALCOHOL, at any time of the day. One cup of coffee only when you wake up in the morning.

Possibly. There's times that I wet within an hour of bedtime, and other times I'm dry for seven or eight hours. Can't figure it out.

Babssimon said:
Hi I don’t actually know if anyone understands the word pain but bed wetting is what I battle with since I was born am 20now
Pls I need someone to come to my aid
Life is really miserable
I can’t go to college
Am stuck please sometimes I really feel like I could get something that can prevent urinating at all please help
I grew up a chronic nightly bedwetter. I wasn't reliably dry at night until I was almost 22. Don't feel so bad many young adults and teenagers wet the bed.