Bed wetting

Archives1

Staff member
Hi I’ve been suffering with occasional bed wetting for I a while now but it’s getting much worse. Looking for others with the same problem to chat with and find help

there are plenty of us here to give support and advice I myself am incontinent and am diapered 24/7

Evg said:
Hi I’ve been suffering with occasional bed wetting for I a while now but it’s getting much worse. Looking for others with the same problem to chat with and find help

find yourself a decent quality diaper that fits you well and forget about pullups this has been a topic of many discussions and pullups don't offer the same protection as a diaper

Evg said:
If anyone has any advice as to how to deal with my accidents I’d greatly appreciate it

Thanks for your advice have tried pull ups but found they leaked as you said could you recommend a good diaper

You need to have your doctor test you haven't come down with diabetes if this is a new problem for you.
There are bed pads you can put on your sheet to protect it if it is an occasional problem sold on line or in department stores in bedding section.
There are forum members here in the UK who can advise on nappy products they like.
Depending on how much you wet there are incontinence pads for day or NIGHT you put in underwear as it sounds like this is a new problem getting worse but ask your gp about diabetes a simple urine test for starters and also a gynecologist about exercise called kegels to strengthen the pelvic muscles.
Many people find cutting out sugar and sweet drinks and drinking lots of clean water early in the day but not after 5 pm water walking more for excercise all help.

I guess what we need to know is how you have been handling your situation in the past. What has worked what has not. Many of us here have night time issues that vary widely. Just like when you go to a doctor we need to know your history. Is this a new issue, has it been on and off in your life? Were you a childhood bed wetter etc. One thing you will find here is a lot of truth and experience. Maybe even a friend or two. Good Luck EVG

Evg said:
I am a nightly bedwetter and always happy to chat to others who wet the bed.

welcome to the forum.

how are you currently dealing with it?. what has worked for you so far

I hope this site helps you

sport said:
I started long ago with wetting problems.I was tested and found to be diabetic.
Same here. I was diagnosed as being diabetic when I saw the Doc. when my bedwetting came back.

@Evg Hi and welcome to this fantastic wealth of information.

I would say get 3 mattress protectors, the terry topped waterproof ones and either go down the road of a good quality disposable or cloth diaper with plastic pants. Drylife super or betterdry are really good brands we can get here.

Another tip is to try an external catheter and night bag set up, this works really well for me plus gives me the freedom to let my skin breathe during the night.

Hi @Evg and welcome to our forum!!! You will find a lot of advice and sympathetic responses here but you won't find any name-calling or judging from others. Everyone has similar issues, although mine are mostly (though not always) daytime, handled with pull-ups, so you know you have come to the right place! If I were you, I'd definitely talk to your doctor and try to rule out any physical causes, such as diabetes or even a long-running infection of some kind.
I agree with the others about the diapers versus pull-ups for you. After all you want to use what's comfortable and effective for you, never mind what your friend or neighbor may think!!! Incontinence supply vendors and other medical supply outfits should be able to send samples out to you so you can see what works best. That said, do invest in some sort of mattress protection. I always say it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it! Mattresses are rather expensive and you don't want to become a regular customer at your neighborhood mattress store!!!
So please don't be a stranger and let us know how things are going and what you decide to use.

Evg said:

Evg... As the others have said, while we can recommend products for bedwetting, you should see a doctor to see if there's an underlying cause for your bedwetting. That being said, sometimes "Pee Happens" and you just have to find the best way to deal with it. In my case, after seeing 5 different doctors and having a bunch of tests run, they could not point to a specific reason, other than a family history of incontinence issues. So then it was just a matter of finding the right solution for me, which is disposable diapers in the daytime, and cloth diapers and plastic pants at night.

Your needs will depend on how often you wet, and how much you wet at a time. There are a lot of great choices available today. Don't go by just what is available in the local store, their choices are usually limited to just a few brands. You'll find your best selection online.

may941 said:
You need to have your doctor test you haven't come down with diabetes if this is a new problem for you.
There are bed pads you can put on your sheet to protect it if it is an occasional problem sold on line or in department stores in bedding section.
There are forum members here in the UK who can advise on nappy products they like.
Depending on how much you wet there are incontinence pads for day or NIGHT you put in underwear as it sounds like this is a new problem getting worse but ask your gp about diabetes a simple urine test for starters and also a gynecologist about exercise called kegels to strengthen the pelvic muscles.
Many people find cutting out sugar and sweet drinks and drinking lots of clean water early in the day but not after 5 pm water walking more for excercise all help.

Hi thanks for the advice it’s most welcome I’ve ordered my self a mattress protector and some bed pads I’m not diabetic I’ve been tested recently I’m interested in the kegel exercise you mentioned were can I find more information about those?