Anticholinergic Drugs for bladder spasms

@AlasSouth For me, no. For people who are not used to using intermittent catheters to empty their bladders, this might be the only side effect as they might not be able to initiate a stream of urine and might need to use catheters going forwards.

Thanks for the posts everyone. I think I am going to ask my urologist to increase the Botox amount next time. I can like with the catheters if needed. It would be a welcome improvement for skin care and allot cooler in the summer👍

Alas,
Thank you for your note! I welded a lug under the seat of my Fat Bike, as you probably have seen more of them than most with the “Fat Bike Iditarod” my Husky will pull for hours, but will do a 180 at 20mph if he see’s a squirrel or Rabbit, so HOLD ON!
Based on your statement on trolls, I remember my Father always saying “ It’s to bad that Common Sense is so Uncommon”! We’re seeing more & more everyday as people that previously felt powerless are given the smallest amount of responsibility...

@jrpoorman That's how I got to go over to the Conveen catheter and active bag. Good luck and let us know how you get on Jim.

This forum completely eludes me. Not ONE anticholinergic drug is named anywhere. And way too long posts are too tedious to read, and then are simply over-detailed stories about a poster's issues. I am truly sympathetic to all those with incontinence plights, but the title of this topic is "Anticholinergic Drugs for Bladder Spasms" and I find almost nothing helpful to my own deciding whether to take oxybutynin or some other drug, when I'm not even certain whether the thulium laser burn out of my huge prostate that created some incontinence that hasn't improved in 3 months.

Nor can the doctors determine on phone calls anything, and their clinics or offices and their hospital, like most, are closed; and not seeing patients because of COVID-19; and, rightly so.

Why don’t you attempt to do a little research on your own, maybe look up any of the “NEW” OAB medications, what they do and what the package insert says? Look up “most common uses anticholinergic medications”? If you’ve never received certified Cease & Desist warnings from the legal departments of Big Pharma companies you would understand why I named none specifically on this board, not to mention every OAB drug I checked is in this class of drugs.
I’m already out of pocket almost $2 million due to insurance not covering botched surgeries & bad drugs, I don’t need Big Pharma harassing me. I also attempted to make it clear to contact your physician to get these studies / information, or reach out to Mayo or Cleveland Clinic, they already have all of this data and not just one brand but a whole class of drugs, the list is extensive and includes a variety of muscle relaxers as well as a number of drugs that have been shelved for years because although some were created many years ago, they still “DO NOT UNDERSTAND” how and if they work and when!
I don’t know if your looking to pick a fight as a representative of one of these companies, I really have no idea why if you can read this post, on this forum why you can’t look up whatever medications your Drs prescribe. If you don’t take these simple steps to protect yourself, you’re in for quite a ride, just hope you can remember it...

Hi olwi,
I was taking oxybutinin for years. A couple of months ago I tried Botox injections and it does a pretty good job without the vision issues and dry mouth. Was a bit uncomfortable when he did the scope but other than that, about a week later it was just like when I was taking the oxybutinin but without the mild side effects.
Hope this helps.
Jim

I found Trospium Chloride affected me the worst with dry eyes and dry mouth. I only took for a few days and had to stop because it hurt my eyes too much to be beneficial.

I found most bladder tablets helped initially but I got used to them to the point they were still ineffective. Botox is the best treatment I have had so far.

Thanks for the "reaction Reports", everyone. Have used Enablex/darifenacin for some years. Have had to go off it a few times due to hospitalizations and things like that. Seems to still work for those urgent spasms, still. It has not and isn't a "cure", but helps. Not sure, but last i checked, it only had one doesage - 15 MG tabs.

@Sprung87

You are way out-of-line,accusing me of being a "representative of oneof these companies."

"I don’t know if your looking to pick a fight as a representative of one of these companies, I really have no idea why if you can read this post, on this forum why you can’t look up whatever medications your Drs prescribe."

I sympathize with your negative medical experiences that cost you $2 million. It sounds like you are just looking for someone to lash out at, when I am an innocent poster simply questioning why, at the time I wrote the post, not ONE anti-cholingeric drug was named.

Since my post, there have been helpful posters listing some of the drugs they have or still take.

And I take offense to you telling me:

'Why don’t you attempt to do a little research on your own, maybe look up any of the “NEW” OAB medications, what they do and what the package insert says? Look up “most common uses anticholinergic medications”?

You, of all people, should know that the package inserts ALL drug companies include with their drug report any instance of any adverse reaction. While good to look at for serious reactions like organ damage, or cancer, for the most part, reading adverse reactions, particularly a small number for a particular reaction, can more or less be ignored, as a tiny number of patients usually indicate a person with particular issues, like advanced age, other health conditions that react negatively with the drug.

When I read that oxybutynin caused blurred vision, etc., this made me concerned. Furthermore, just because your doctor prescribes a drug has little or no relation to what risky reactions you may experience. Take antibiotics, for example. I won't take any FLUOROQUINOLONES like Levaquin, Floxin, Cipro, as tendons can RUPTURE or TEAR from these. And this is a significant risk, not just an isolated one.