Alcohol makes my nights embarrassing

Leesha said:
jrpoorman said:
Just try a couple different pull-ups and see what works well for you. Northshore boosters fit inside a pull-up or tapped brief and they essentially double capacity when needed for less than the cost of a brief.
So much nicer waking up dry versus cold and wet.
Good luck. There are so many excellent items out now to keep us dry.

Amazing thank you for the advice! I need to look in to getting a pair of pull ups. I wonder are there any cute ones? Haha
I have used Tena Intimates and they have a great holding power. Depends never did much.

They are both cuter than average ones out on the market. Check amazon and google, may find a variety of styles from different companies.

And you can always just put a pair of cute panties over them most are so thin they are hardly noticeable anymore

Hi Leesha. I’m exactly the same as you! In my late 20’s I started having problems after nights out. I never had a problem before, but suddenly after a night out drinking I would wake up wet. And now 5 years later it happens more and more frequently and only when I drink. Having fun was such a big part of who I was! But it’s so mortifying to crash at a friends house and wake up wet and such a pain to always be washing my sheets. I don’t know why this started happening. I wish it would just stop.

Hi all,
Okay so I used to party allot when younger and till 30’s. Just from own experience we can develop a tolerance but it doesn’t always work so well for things like our bladder. It relaxes the muscles but is also a little bit of an irritant I’m guessing.
It happens to allot of folks that like to drink, and allot that don’t drink.
Just get a bedpad and mattress protector and if that doesn’t work well try some of the absorbent products and see what works well for you. Northshore hS some plastic backed liners that fit in your underwear (have a couple tape tabs) try them. They work pretty well and are reasonably priced.
Hope this helps.

Newhereandshy said:
Hi Leesha. I’m exactly the same as you! In my late 20’s I started having problems after nights out. I never had a problem before, but suddenly after a night out drinking I would wake up wet. And now 5 years later it happens more and more frequently and only when I drink. Having fun was such a big part of who I was! But it’s so mortifying to crash at a friends house and wake up wet and such a pain to always be washing my sheets. I don’t know why this started happening. I wish it would just stop.

It's so embarrassing. Thankfully I haven't had an incident at a friend's house but that's mainly cause our house was the party house. But yeah, it's really embarrassing and annoying.

Yep, I understand completely. At least they make stuff to protect the mattress or sofa.
Walmart sells Natures Miracle which can make urine or feces stains or odors practically disappear. Between our old dog and I it’s a Blessing and it’s worth every penny. It’s less than $10 at Walmart for a big bottle and it lasts a long time. Look in the pet isle. If they were smart they would put it with the diapers and incontinence isles.

jrpoorman said:
Yep, I understand completely. At least they make stuff to protect the mattress or sofa.
Walmart sells Natures Miracle which can make urine or feces stains or odors practically disappear. Between our old dog and I it’s a Blessing and it’s worth every penny. It’s less than $10 at Walmart for a big bottle and it lasts a long time. Look in the pet isle. If they were smart they would put it with the diapers and incontinence isles.

Ah just realised this says "National Association" I'm not American... No Walmart for me. But I'm sure they have something similar in this part of the world.

jrpoorman said:
No worries, the internet shopping is the best. WhT country are you in?

Montenegro but where we're staying in an area that doesn't get post so deffo wouldn't get Amazon definitely doesn't deliver

Wow, that makes things a little difficult for shipping.
Does FedEx deliver to your area?
Hope you guys have a great day today. Hope everyone is a safe place from the virus.

Jim

jrpoorman said:
Wow, that makes things a little difficult for shipping.
Does FedEx deliver to your area?
Hope you guys have a great day today. Hope everyone is a safe place from the virus.

Jim

Nope. We're staying up the side of a mountain. We're 7km from the nearest big town so normally it's all fine but with everything closed it's a bit difficult. So we're super safe just it's a bit awkward for things like this.

Yeah, sounds like it. Glad you guys are safe. Hope they have a place in your town that can be shipped to for parcel pickup.
That would help make things easier for you.

We are actually having a pleasant and sunny day today in Maryland. So happy.

i wet pretty much every night but it's definitely more on nights where I drink. I just boost up or double diaper on those nights.

Buy a bag of diapers and just take one in your purse on drinking nights. But you have to remember to put it on!

Leesha said:
It seems to be happening more and more often but when I drink, not even to excess I wet the bed. I've always had a thing where when I drink I seem to pee like a racehorse. Really really frequently and a lot but over the last year or so it's meant that not only do I spend half my night in the bathroom but I also wet the bed. I have a partner and I know it's upsetting for him
to wake up in a wet bed and it's incredibly embarrassing for me too. I don't want this to become a real issue in our relationship but it's getting more regular. Any help is welcome!

Hi, I also wet the bed if I drink alcohol and it's embarrassing and frustrating. I just started sampling protection but I'm finding the samples I ordered are very bulky and some leaked. What product did you go with?

Hi Leesha, I would think that FedEx delivers to Montenegro as well. They are pretty much worldwide (at least in the free world). And there may a "big box" store (on the lines of Wal-Mart) that may be near you. I think Europe has similar stores that sell a product like jrpoorman suggests.
And you're right the site here is "National Association," but you are definitely most welcome here so please don't hesitate to join in with questions or comments at any time. After all, the problem this site covers is a universal one that doesn't stop at borders or even ocean shores. If you can spend time here you will notice we get people from Canada and the U.K. I haven't been here that long myself so I don't know the full range of participation but in any country that has Internet anyone can join in and speak your mind.

There are so many choices available, you just have to try all kinds of diapers until you find a good fit that is also very absorbent and won't leak.

Be sure to get a nighttime diaper, and you might have to put in a booster pad too. Don't be embarrassed, we're all wetters and are here to support each other.

There are a lot of products out there. Keep getting samples until you find the one for you. How much are your voids at night will depend on what type of protection you need. I am a heavy wetter and need the thicker and more expensive diaper out there. I use a few brands. Arena, Tranquility ATN, Comfydry 24/7, molicare, ID Slip, Rearz, Crinkles. These products I have used. They work great for me. Yes there are times you might experience leaks. There are no diapers out there that are 100% leak proof. I lay down a bed chuck to protect my mattress. It helps with nights that I have larger voids. Don't stop looking. If you haven't done so already, give North Shore Medical equipment a call. They are very helpful at what they do and knowledgeable. I get some of my supplies from them. Great people to talk to.