Alcohol makes my nights embarrassing

Archives1

Staff member
It seems to be happening more and more often but when I drink, not even to excess I wet the bed. I've always had a thing where when I drink I seem to pee like a racehorse. Really really frequently and a lot but over the last year or so it's meant that not only do I spend half my night in the bathroom but I also wet the bed. I have a partner and I know it's upsetting for him to wake up in a wet bed and it's incredibly embarrassing for me too. I don't want this to become a real issue in our relationship but it's getting more regular. Any help is welcome!

Wear depends-like underwear at night and givw up alcohol. If something hurts when you do it then dont do it. Also have your doctor do urinalysis and blood glucose tests on you.

Never heard of those undies before. I'll give them a go. I'm still young (28) and I know it sounds silly cause it's a trigger but don't want to give up alcohol and partying because of this. It's not every time but is becoming more frequent. But when I can get to a doctor I will get them to run some tests on me and try those undies.

Talk to your doctor. The alcohol may be irritating your bladders causing an overactive bladder condition.

I wear diapers anyway. When I am out drinking and having a good time, I put a couple of diaper inserts in my diaper before I go to bed. By morning, my diaper is always soaked but no leaks. It's all part of my Over Active Bladder. Depending on your situation and how much you urinate at night will depend on if a pullup type diaper will work or a tape on style diaper. There are many kinds and brands out there to choose from. You can even go online and order samples until you find the right diaper for you. At age 44 here, I've delt with incontinence for a long time. I just consider diapers as my underwear. Yes, like Doug says, talk to your doctor and see if you have an underlying condition. We are here to help one another here. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Be safe out there also.

I also experience a great increase in my nighttime urination, even after 1 glass of wine. There doesn't seem to be a way to stop that other than not to drink, and I love my occasional glass of red wine.

But like does that mean I can't sleep in with my partner after a drink ever again? Cause it's not fair on him.

Bobby103 said:
Curious, Did you have issues with bed wetting at other times in your life?

Nope. I never wet the bed any other time. I do have issues with needing to go to the toilet a lot when I drink but obviously if I'm awake I can deal with it.

Leesha said:
Bobby103 said:

Nope. I never wet the bed any other time. I do have issues with needing to go to the toilet a lot when I drink but obviously if I'm awake I can deal with it.
Why on earth can't you sleep with your partner. I a a nightly wetter and my wife and I sleep together. I sleep in nappies.

Stevewet said:
Leesha said:
Bobby103 said:

Why on earth can't you sleep with your partner. I a a nightly wetter and my wife and I sleep together. I sleep in nappies.

Yeah I suppose I'll have to get some. Just never thought I'd be wearing them this young!

Leesha said:
Stevewet said:
Leesha said:
Bobby103 said:

Yeah I suppose I'll have to get some. Just never thought I'd be wearing them this young!
I wore nappies at night until I was 22

Stevewet said:
Leesha said:
Stevewet said:
Leesha said:
Bobby103 said:

I wore nappies at night until I was 22

How did you find partners react when you first told them?

Most people don’t care about that stuff it’s funny how love or deep like changes peoples outlooks on things in many cases. I am blessed to have had understanding people in my life.

jrpoorman said:
Most people don’t care about that stuff it’s funny how love or deep like changes peoples outlooks on things in many cases. I am blessed to have had understanding people in my life.

Like don't get me wrong my partner doesn't love me any less and tries to convince me that it's ok but obviously it's unpleasant for him.

Just try a couple different pull-ups and see what works well for you. Northshore boosters fit inside a pull-up or tapped brief and they essentially double capacity when needed for less than the cost of a brief.
So much nicer waking up dry versus cold and wet.
Good luck. There are so many excellent items out now to keep us dry.

jrpoorman said:
Just try a couple different pull-ups and see what works well for you. Northshore boosters fit inside a pull-up or tapped brief and they essentially double capacity when needed for less than the cost of a brief.
So much nicer waking up dry versus cold and wet.
Good luck. There are so many excellent items out now to keep us dry.

Amazing thank you for the advice! I need to look in to getting a pair of pull ups. I wonder are there any cute ones? Haha