Abri-form Comfort M4 (My Opinion)

Archives1

Staff member
So, on 7/7 I received my first case of Abena Abri-form Comfort M4's. The plastic backed ones. I never tried them before because I always thought they were really expensive, based on what people said about them. I've really liked North shore's Supreme Lites, but the cost of the M4 is within a couple pennies per diaper.

Comfort is comparable to the Supreme Lite, if not better. Performance is way superior for me with the M4. I have not experienced the breakdown and clumping I've heard others complain about with the M4, nor had any of those issues with the Supreme Lite.

I do however, have issues with the Northshore Supremes. Feels like I'm trying to put a piece of cardboard on. Even after "preparing" the diaper as directed. Also seems to me, they absorb all in the front and then don't distribute to the rest of the diaper. I don't notice any of this with Supreme Lite.

I really like the Supreme Lite and ATN for a daytime diaper, but for overnight (and sometime days) the Abri-form comfort M4 is my favorite. I wish I had tried the M4 years ago. The most comfortable diaper I've ever used. And I have to say, for a "print" diaper, instead of a childish print, I find it somewhat "sporty", IF you can describe a diaper as "sporty". Lol

I also don't think the M4 deserves the crinkly comments that I've read, but then I'm getting older, so maybe I don't hear as well as I think I do.

Bottom line: I really like these and will use them night and day (when my days seem to be bad). When days are better, it'll be ATN's or Northshore Supreme Lite.

Abena, please don't stop making these.

Supreme is size medium shipping recently did experience more compression than normal causing the stiffness you found. They do pass all absorbency tests but may be less comfortable than normal.

We have already produced a new batch of white Supreme medium that will arrive in about 1 month and is much softer.

We apologize for the inconvenience and have taken necessary steps to ensure this does not occur again.

Note: this aonly affected medium Supreme. All other sizes are ok.

Spicewerx I can agree in that I do really like how the m4 abena perform for me. Unfortunately since I live in Canada getting north shore products is much more inconvenient as compared to abena m4. Granted i was pleasantly surprised to see much more north shore selection on amazon earlier today.

The Abena line is a great diaper. My current daytime diaper is the L4 for all the same reasons as above.

Here in UK we have these under the umbrella of Drylife products. They are almost identical to the old M4's which Abena used to make but stopped, opting to go cloth backed some years ago. I recently got a case of them and they are wonderful daytime pads. They are comfortable and wick fluid evenly and quickly. I highly recommend them.

I sometimes use Abena L4's when I know I won't be able to easily change my diaper for example at sporting events or long trips in the car. I have experienced some clumping but that was mostly while being very active and it hasn't been a real problem. However the one thing I don't like is their odor control. It's the only diaper I've used that seems to develop a strange odor after wearing it for 3 or 4 hours and that's a shame because they have the capacity to last much longer than that.

Thank you Adam. I do like your product. The Supreme Lite is a fantastic diaper. I think it actually has more capacity and better construction than the ATN. And Very comfortable. So I will continue to order those.

Thank you.

NorthShoreAdam said:
Supreme is size medium shipping recently did experience more compression than normal causing the stiffness you found. They do pass all absorbency tests but may be less comfortable than normal.

We have already produced a new batch of white Supreme medium that will arrive in about 1 month and is much softer.

We apologize for the inconvenience and have taken necessary steps to ensure this does not occur again.

Note: this aonly affected medium Supreme. All other sizes are ok.

I used to use the M4 or L4 (I’m in between sizes on most products). My one issue is that I seemed to get more of an odor with the M4 or L4 when I didn’t change quickly enough than other products. Otherwise it seemed to be a very good product especially for the price point.