38 with a prolapse bladder.....

Archives1

Staff member
i was diagnosed like 6 months ago but ive been having bladder control issues since mu early 20's. i went to physical therapy and graduated. then i went back to the doc because my symptoms have not improved and the pain is almost intolerable sometimes....and they wont do surgery and say i may never have surgery. i am being fitted for a pessary on Monday. i am so scared. this has already affected my life 100%. i havent had sex since September, i had to quit my job on sunday(waitress)because i was in so much pain and just plain uncomfortable all the time. it feels like i just had a baby...all the time. i cannot imagine living life comfortable again. im terrified, panicking all day long. is surgery a bad choice...i dont know why they r so hesitant. "my bladder is dropping but my muscles are working perfectly...surgery will increase ur pain. this pain cant be from the prolapse" where r my answers. how is my life gunna improve with a pessary? please help me i dont know anyone who has been through this and i am so scared. thanx

I was fitted with a mesh sling for a prolapsed bladder. Prior to that I wore a pessary for a short time which was not horrible. I prefer the surgery, because I have had not one problem after the surgery. I had a hysterectomy at the same time, but my surgery was when I was 63, so appropriate. All done from within. No scars.

I would get a second and third opinion if you are unhappy.

Good luck and hang in there.