Zippers, the destroyer of diapers

Archives1

Staff member
I am sure I am not the only one who has had this happen. It happened a lot more frequently when I first started having to wear but it came back to visit me today. I have just changed and got a call so was in a hurry to get my pants up and duty belt on. In my haste the zipper of my pants was not pointed down when I pulled them and presto an instant hole right in the front of my diaper. Luckily the call was not easily handled and was able to change again rather soon, could have been a lot worse.

Yep! Been there. I now wear a pair of brief-style underpants over my incont. brief- partly because it holds everything in place and the padding doesn't separate as quickly, and partly because of what you're talking about. Wear dark pants, I always say...

I've done that, too, and ended up with a big wet spot on the front of my jeans. So frustrating!

I've used a piece of clear packing tape to repair the hole instead of having to change right away. Probably only works on plastic backed briefs, of course.