You cannot squeeze blood from someone who is broke. Still an issue.

Archives1

Staff member
So, I have never really talked here about all that went before surgery.

In 2018 I went from making great money to crap. I was in a commission-based plus hourly job and the commission was cut not in half but to 1/16 of what it was. Also, my hours were cut. I had a new boss and he did me very wrong.

By November I was so looking forward to Black Friday where I could make the most money (This was before the commission cut)

Well, my new boss let the new guy have the Black Friday open and made me close so I got one sale as we sold out devices.

Long story short I was broke when I should have been loaded.

Then December 2019 everything happened and I was too broke to pay any bills.

I tried to talk to my credit card company but they would not work with me. They actually ask me to get a family member to pay my bill.

They went so far as to place several calls to me the same day I had surgery when they talked to my sister (She was my power of attorney) She tried to explain to them just how bad things were going but they would not do anything. They went so far as to seek full payment when I was still in recovery. That is when my sister told me that if I gave them a dime she would slap me into a new year.

So now I just got a letter today from the credit card company's lawyer seeking payment.

The shame of this is, I never missed a payment before this.

Now, I don't have a dime to give them but as my disability insurance is what it is they cannot really do anything to me.

So I am just trying to figure out what I should do?

There is not anything they can do to me so..

It all just sucks because they wrecked my credit in one month went from 735 to 400 because they listed it as default.

So yea it sucks but with the way things are heading I will be lucky if I don't have to file bankruptcy.

This is coming in 3 years and if they can't collect in 3 years the cc company has to write it off
So its not personal to you they are just grinding out a last form letter barrage.

may941 said:
This is coming in 3 years and if they can't collect in 3 years the cc company has to write it off
So its not personal to you they are just grinding out a last form letter barrage.

May,

My original no payment date was December of 2018 not 19.

But Florida has a 5-year statute of limitations for credit card debt and Pennsylvania has a 4-year. So they can seek a judgment against me until that time expires or tell 2023.

But again, I have nothing to give them. I am going to call them later today to set the record straight but not much else I can do.
I only get $1483 per month from my insurance-backed disability and over $900 goes just to living expenses. That is before Diapers and everything else I need to live (Meds, ECT.)

And let's not even talk about how much it cost me to drive to doctor's appointments an hour+ each way.

So, Yea.