You ARE Somebody

Archives1

Staff member
On the topic of self esteem, relationships and even friendships it came to me this morning a concept i think might help you.
Many people are questioning themselves on material purchases "is this a WANT or a NEED?"
When it comes to relationships please remember this instead:
It is a PRIVILEGE to be your friend or date or partner with you.Not a RIGHT.
With this mental orientation you will be looking at your friendship in a correct light.

Why YES JIM, Im GLAD you asked!!-( hearty chuckle of delight because i enjoy the HECK out dolls!!)
This is a rare doll relatively, it is all metal from head to toe with springs in the arm and leg. The move in doll making to nonbreakable toys took a break in ww2 and many metal items were donated to be melted down for the war effort. This type of all metal doll never became popular anyhow. Not cuddley! Less rare are metal doll heads as the porcelain china doll heads broke so the metal heads were sold to be sewn on the leather body. Mine is metal head torso and limbs, she was owned by one midwestern girl her whole life from cradle to grave and manufactured about 1925, sold by her daughter to me.
I tailored all her clothes from vintage pieces.
I have enjoyed talking with you!!
.....Jim, Jim are you still awake???

I had feeling that was a special doll. Quite lovely. Thanks for posting it and the history. You did an excellent job. Hope you are well. Have a lovely evening 😊

I never heard that one before, Maymay941. Thank you so much! (The Queen Bees always knew this, but we Worker Bees often got a different message...) The info. about the doll was interesting. I remember having a doll with a porcelain head and limbs and a stuffed-fabric body when I was a little girl.

Night Diana, MayMay, and all my other friends. Hope everyone sleeps well and has a great day tomorrow 😀

Kind regards,
Jim

Thank you Diana, i always apreciate your insight.
I cant take credit for alot of things i say here, i have an inspiration to write and what happens, happens.
The doll collector thing is truly my "Avatar" it is my self expression.

MayMay,
How are you doing today? Love reading your posts and seeing the new profile pictures. You are certainly a source of inspiration and wisdom for so many people. We are Blessed by your caring and insight.
Hope you and everyone else have an excellent weekend. Was nice to hear from some new folks the last few days. Take care.
Jim

I surely wish you and yours a good weekend too!
The cooler weather is delightful i never feel comfortable in summer and the internal body reflects joy at the cooler vweather also.
Thank you for your steady kind presence and bringing your love of life to the forum.
We all are truly welcome here, in despair or in happier times.

Awww, you are too sweet MayMay. Thank you for the kind words. I was able to squeeze a week vacation in so I have been fixing some things on my car and the condo. Heading to Tennessee for a wedding. Friends of Deb’s son. Very lovely younger couple he went to Clemson with. Should be a nice drive. I’m excited...may have to start a new topic for the occasion...long car trips...what do you do when....(you get the idea). I don’t think anyone still pees in a mason jar while on the road anymore. But I did notice those Gatorade bottles sure have a big opening in the top...lol.

You know, years ago i knew a couple they took a porta potty with the nothing wrong with the old fashioned carry a jar approach.

43432b0377c71dd696f4df12fc0dcba3.jpg

Its worth noting there are funnels sold for women to use to pee out in nature while out camping etc (on Amazon.)
I dont remember the brand name.
A man here said he got a plastic funnel used for transmission fluid or oil change and used it while out in his RV as a discreet way to control his stream
Can probably find something funnel like in baking or cooking department at the supermarket.