Working while incontinent?

Hi @Nocontrol, I'm glad your HR people are sending you ADA paperwork to help accommodate you. That is a positive sign and any company that refuses to do that is only kicking itself needlessly. Since your HR is doing this, it sounds like things will be a lot more pleasant there. As for still not hearing back from the doctor, I think that is to be expected as doctors and their office staff are always literally knee-deep in paperwork!!! And that's for all patients!! That's probably why a lot of doctors' offices have pitchforks, to be able to shovel through all of that paperwork and stack it in piles!!! But if you haven't heard form the doc in a reasonable amount time, maybe five business days then do give 'em a 📞call!!!!

I have not personally had that type of surgery being female, but I can relate to you because after I had my issues begin, the doctors gave up, and basically did not want to help. My two cents are sometimes its good to get a second opinion if you feel this way, no one should be treated poorly. Job wise, you have to do what you feel is right for you, however you will most likely get better realistically. My advice would be to get a doctors note ASAP and if they are non-compliant, you can choose to walk or take legal recourse if you feel that is possible.

As for living with the mental and emotional strain, there are books out there on the subject that I found to be helpful. I went from being a woman who had leaks very rarely to daily, and each day is different. If you want to fight for that job more or keep pushing through, upgrading your protection is the next best bet. My advice currently is for everyone to take it a day at a time, because the future is unknown. If you are however, not happy at your job, you do have the freedom to go, if other work is available. I just currently had to leave a job because my manager would throw a hissy fit when I needed to go to the bathroom every hour, despite I have medical notes and have pretty bad leaks sometimes.

Hopefully it gets better over time but at almost 8 weeks it's a very slow process. The physical side is that I don't retain anything so every other step, every getting up from a chair, every movement is drip and squirt. All day long. What I drink at work goes into my pants.

At home, I can sit and get to toilet. At night is usually good. Sleep on my side but up 5 or 6 times a night so no solid sleep. Haven't slept more than a couple hours continuously in months

Add a negative work environment and stress to the equation and poof, that was my day yesterday. Walked out. Went home. Ticked off my employee who made a formal complaint about what I'll know soon enough.

At some point it would be great to be able to retain some at work. In PT and kegels

So thanks again. I'm hindsight, I should have stayed out of work even if that meant going months to disability. Now that avenue appears blocked. Ultimately we do need to take care of ourselves. It's rare to find a true advocate.

No...,
I've offered many notes on this site that recommend reducing the leakage rather than trying to manage it. While many have responded to my recommendation, a surprising number have not, which is befuddling. An aid, which an engineer partner and I developed after five years of effort, is now patent pending, but not for sale. If you have an interest in learning more and, perhaps, joining our test group to share with us your experience, I'd be happy to send info. The soft flexible sleeve aid puts upward pressure on the urethra, impeding leakage. Since it is flexible, it can be comfortably worn 24/7, if need be. But...since it is flexible, it does allow some leakage under stress conditions, which is managed by a backup liner. It can be adjusted if increased stress leakage is anticipated. Best wishes, Duane amhelp@comcast.net